E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial La-La Land ANNOUNCEMENT Thread

Jay

What did MM mean by that JWfan comment? That the site could do more to make itself noticed or that there isn't enough interest in JW music in general? The latter seems the more plausible explanation and can we even do something about that?

Clearly MM just hates us. :( There's no other logical explanation.

Or maybe he just thinks we jump to unreasonable conclusions for no reason, which is hard to believe and clearly untrue!

1 hour ago, Evil-Lyn said:

JWFan is only sort of popular whenever a new Star Wars movie comes out. Then again, who else is the audience for this stuff?

I do think it's weird that there aren't even 5,000 people who are big enough JW fans to order the Jurassic Park Collection almost immediately.  It's still in stock 10 months later.  Really makes you realize what a micro-niche we are.

Possibke reasons why something like complete JP doesn't sell out:

• Most fans already have the OST and are satisfied with it.
  • It's a 25 year old movie, soundtrack fans are more likely to spend money on new releases (Lost World, for example).
  • It's not a digital release. Most people doesn't even own a CD player anymore (and laptops/ipads come without them).

2 minutes ago, rough cut said:

It's not a digital release. Most people doesn't even own a CD player anymore (and laptops/ipads come without them).

I think this is a big reason.  If these expansions were released digitally, with PDF booklets included, I'd buy them digital every single time.  I don't really derive satisfaction from displaying a physical collection of CDs.  Most of my CDs are languishing in boxes because I don't want to unpack them.

Count me in for PDF booklets. But something doesn't really make sense: we're getting more and more of these releases, so doesn't that mean that someone thinks the profit is decent enough? I've only bought Home Alone and Braveheart so far because I really, really love these scores and love the presentation. JP is nice but I'm not spending money on it, the JW-Spielberg set was a better investment.

25 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Count me in for PDF booklets. But something doesn't really make sense: we're getting more and more of these releases, so doesn't that mean that someone thinks the profit is decent enough? I've only bought Home Alone and Braveheart so far because I really, really love these scores and love the presentation. JP is nice but I'm not spending money on it, the JW-Spielberg set was a better investment.

The US government is funding these releases.

1 hour ago, rough cut said:

Possibke reasons why something like complete JP doesn't sell out:

• Most fans already have the OST and are satisfied with it.
  • It's a 25 year old movie, soundtrack fans are more likely to spend money on new releases (Lost World, for example).
  • It's not a digital release. Most people doesn't even own a CD player anymore (and laptops/ipads come without them).

Price.

I didn't have enough money at the time to buy it.

Maybe I'll buy it now with E.T.

18 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Europeans are the lucky ones!  This announcement is coming right after work on a Friday.  Happy hour!  Grab a beer and enjoy the show.

Not every European. I'm at work. I'm also at work when the CD becomes available. :(

17 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Me when it's officially announced Botanicus (music I've never heard and never knew existed before this thread) isn't on this release:

Personally, i would care more for the early versions of the first cue than Botanicus.