E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial La-La Land ANNOUNCEMENT Thread

Jay

12 minutes ago, azahid said:

I think they removed the Registered Mail option primarily because USPS was not offering International Tracking anymore. And Express Mail is the only option where they can provide tracking information. $45 is way too steep. Its better to order other titles in bulk to justify such a high shipping cost.

Others like La-La Land, Intrada and Movie Music provide tracking without paying an additional $ 45,- (that's on top of the regular shipping costs) so why can't SAE?

Available for order at www.lalalandrecords.com
Tues, 12pm (PST) SEPTEMBER 12, 2017

E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL – 35th ANNIVERSARY: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) LLLCD 1420
Music by John Williams
Limited Edition of 5000 Units
RETAIL PRICE: $29.98

STARTS SHIPPING SEPT. 26

Order at www.lalalandrecords.com, starting at 12noon (pst) on 9/12.

In celebration of E.T.’s 35th anniversary, La-La Land Records, Universal Music Group, Universal Studios and Amblin Entertainment proudly present the restored, remastered re-issue of legendary composer John Williams’ (JAWS, CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND, JURASSIC PARK) iconic, original motion picture score to the beloved 1982 classic feature film, E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL, starring Henry Thomas, Drew Barrymore and Dee Wallace, and directed by Steven Spielberg. The incomparable magic of this immortal Academy Award-winning John Williams score – teeming with wonder, brimming with adventure, enlightening with drama, bursting with joy, overflowing with love – is showcased here within a new deluxe, composer-approved presentation that restores and remasters the original film score, and additionally serves up a first-time remaster of the Grammy-winning 1982 soundtrack album, as well as bonus tracks that include never-before-released alternate cues, the original music to Universal Studios’ theme park attraction “The E.T. Adventure,” and more! Produced by Mike Matessino and Bruce Botnick and mixed and mastered in hi-resolution from original studio vault elements, this special 2-CD release is limited to 5000 units and features exclusive, in-depth liner notes by Matessino, as well as celestially wondrous package design by Jim Titus including new cover art approved by the director. A must for cinema fans of all ages – this is, without question, a release to phone home about!

DISC 1

THE FILM SCORE PRESENTATION

01. Main Title (1:14)
02. Far From Home / E.T. Alone (6:57)
03. Bait for E.T. (1:45)
04. Meeting E.T. (2:08)
05. E.T.’s New Home (1:28)
06. The Beginning of a Friendship (2:53)
07. Toys (3:13)
08. I’m Keeping Him (2:20)
09. E.T.’s Powers (2:44)
10. The Closet * (0:53)
11. E.T. and Elliott Get Drunk (2:57)
12. Frogs (2:12)
13. At Home (5:38)
14. The Magic of Halloween (2:55)
15. Sending the Signal (3:58)
16. Searching for E.T. (4:18)
17. Invading Elliott’s House (2:24)
18. Stay With Me * (2:24)
19. Losing E.T. (2:04)
20. E.T. Is Alive (4:22)
21. The Rescue and Bike Chase (8:07)
22. The Departure (7:07)
23. End Credits (3:55)

Disc 1 total time: 77:57

DISC 2

THE 1982 SOUNDTRACK ALBUM

01. Three Million Light Years From Home (3:01)
02. Abandoned and Pursued (3:02)
03. E.T. and Me (4:54)
04. E.T.’s Halloween (4:11)
05. Flying (3:25)
06. E.T. Phone Home (4:21)
07. Over the Moon (2:12)
08. Adventure on Earth (15:10)

ADDITIONAL MUSIC

09. The E.T. Adventure * (4:12)
10. Far From Home / E.T. Alone (alternate) ** (7:00)
11. The Encounter * (1:49)
12. Meeting E.T. (alternate) * (2:20)
13. E.T.’s New Home (alternate) (1:27)
14. The Kiss * (0:49)
15. Levitation * (0:41)
16. Searching for E.T. (alternate) (4:19)
17. Invading Elliott’s House (alternate) ** (2:24)
18. E.T. Is Dying (2:24)
19. The Departure (alternate) (7:06)
20. End Credits (alternate) (3:55)

Disc 2 total time: 78:42

Total Album Time: 2:36:39

* Previously unreleased music
** Contains previously unreleased music

4 minutes ago, FrankV said:

The delays have begun. First they said September 22, now it's September 26. Waterworld (that should ship today) all over again?

Well..they will have my order today at least.

Is ET's name "ET" or is it sort of like how the shark's informal name is "Jaws"? Like how Homer calls movie characters by the title of the movie they were in? Like when he says to Mel Gibson "Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?!"

Like ET stands for "extra-terrestrial"... why the hell did Elliott and Mike call him that?!

1 hour ago, FrankV said:

Others like La-La Land, Intrada and Movie Music provide tracking without paying an additional $ 45,- (that's on top of the regular shipping costs) so why can't SAE?

Registered Mail offers tracking number. You just cant track it internationaly via USPS. So if it gets lost and you have to ask SAE to send a replacement to you. 

2 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Anybody wanna take a guess how long it'll take for this to sell out?

I have an idea this'll go faster than any of the other recent LLL JW releases (JP collection, A.I., Hook, etc.).

Maybe 3-4 weeks.

I doubt it.

There are already 3 releases of this, and only hard fans will buy it.

I think that the releases that sell faster are total premieres.

50 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

I doubt it.

There are already 3 releases of this, and only hard fans will buy it.

I think that the releases that sell faster are total premieres.

So how long?

2 minutes ago, FrankV said:

One minute, one hour, one day, one week, one month, one year? Nobody knows.

And that's why I said take a guess.

You do know what "guess" means, right?

3 hours ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

Is ET's name "ET" or is it sort of like how the shark's informal name is "Jaws"? Like how Homer calls movie characters by the title of the movie they were in? Like when he says to Mel Gibson "Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?!"

Like ET stands for "extra-terrestrial"... why the hell did Elliott and Mike call him that?!

All good, solid questions. Spielberg's luck that there was no ComicCon back then.

If something happens to the package during shipping... let's say, Elliot and E.T. are doing some reckless flying with the bike and cause a major accident with the cargo plane, and the 5000 CDs are sold out in less than 24 hours, will I get my money back easier than with PayPal?

I'm surprised that there's never really any mention of the 5.1 SACD version of this score when evaluating which version sounds best.  It's kind of my go-to with this one.  It doesn't have the exact film mix of everything, but it's sure nice having it in high-res and in surround.  I personally think it sounds pretty great.  I'm ordering this set immediately, though.  Looks like a really glorious package.  I don't mind about the shipping delays.  I'll get it when it's available, that's all that matters to me.  It's not like I don't already own 98% of the material anyway.  No rush.

3 minutes ago, Croweyes1121 said:

I'm surprised that there's never really any mention of the 5.1 SACD version of this score when evaluating which version sounds best. 

Probably because not many people have it.

10 minutes ago, nightscape94 said:

Stop being so paranoid!  Also, it's unlikely they make exactly 5,000 for that very reason.  They always have extra secret copies!

4 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I honestly don't think it matters.  Also, this release will still be in stock in 6 months.  I guarantee it.

4 minutes ago, publicist said:

Stop online payments altogether.

Okay then! :)

4 minutes ago, Croweyes1121 said:

I'm surprised that there's never really any mention of the 5.1 SACD version of this score when evaluating which version sounds best.  It's kind of my go-to with this one.  It doesn't have the exact film mix of everything, but it's sure nice having it in high-res and in surround.  I personally think it sounds pretty great.  I'm ordering this set immediately, though.  Looks like a really glorious package.  I don't mind about the shipping delays.  I'll get it when it's available, that's all that matters to me.  It's not like I don't already own 98% of the material anyway.  No rush.

For me, the only REAL catch of the 5.1 SACD is... the 5.1.

It's mostly front heavy, but it does open things a bit more than the standard stereo configuration. BUT, in terms of sound quality, the 96 CD still wins.

Jason is correct. 

I would normally order via Musicbox, but since this is one of my all time favorite scores I will get it directly from LLL.

Also When I was in LA I acquired 14 LLL releases without having to pay any shipping costs. So I figure I can splurge. ;)

3 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

Will they have samples up? I don't remember how it is with new releases..

(hopefully from any alternate track)

Yes, they will have samples up.

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

Jason is correct. 

I would normally order via Musicbox, but since this is one of my all time favorite scores I will get it directly from LLL.

Don't you have customs there?

Unfortunately I'm in the process of finding other ways of buying US Blurays and cds.