THE LAST JEDI - Disney Records OST

Will

1 minute ago, king mark said:

never noticed that..I do keep the jewel cases  too...in another box .I use them as spares

My CDs that have them include the first press Japanese releaes of Off The Wall, Thriller and Ghostbusters, as well as Electric Dreams, the A&M Records release of Octopussy and a few others.

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Embossed cover confirmed!

Hopefully with more stickers and a fold-out poster plus 4 more stills from the film in the booklet!

7 hours ago, lemoncurd said:

On Amazon Germany it reads "Deluxe Edition" :blush2: (but only 1 disc)

https://www.amazon.de/Star-Wars-Last-Jedi-Deluxe/dp/B0758KSWZK

"Deluxe" means you get a bigger-sized disc than the normal version. 

9 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Embossed cover confirmed!

9 hours ago, Incanus said:

Hopefully with more stickers and a fold-out poster plus 4 more stills from the film in the booklet!

5 hours ago, crumbs said:

Fuck, I hope it has a hologram!

2 hours ago, Not Mr. Big said:

I hope it has an exclusive booklet with quotes from the movie.

Someone from Disney's gonna see these comments and think, "Wow, we were right, the fans were practically crying out for those holograms!"

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not watching any more spots or trailers from now on. With TFA, the only bit I heard before seeing the film was the Jedi Steps theme in one of the trailers and that wasn't really intentional on my part. Otherwise, I really enjoyed experiencing the score for the first time in a film context. I might try avoid reading track titles as well this time. We'll see if that's even possible. Probably not.

Karol

With TFA I compromised and listened to Rey's Theme, March of the Resistance, and the Scherzo and saved the rest for the film. Which was fine but really this time I just want to listen to the whole thing because I did miss having that experience beforehand like I usually do.

I might try and stay away from everything if he does do IX, though.

1 minute ago, Matt S. said:

I agree with Disco Stu!

You make the signature Mr. Eagle!

1 minute ago, Matt S. said:

Now the important question is what color will the Episode IX logo be?  I say it’ll be blue.

Yeeeessss, like the blue of the Star Wars logo on the ROTJ cover

Jedi-ost.jpg

What delivery service are you all using to get this?  In the past Amazon was the most reliable choice but they've been pretty awful ever since they switched to their own delivery service.  I might try to pre-order it from Best Buy.  

2 minutes ago, Fal said:

Me buying it in Wal-Mart ;)

In-store or delivery?

To be honest, I might do both (ie have it delivered and if it doesn't show up the day of, buy it in-store and return the delivery (if possible))  

1 hour ago, Not Mr. Big said:

In the past Amazon was the most reliable choice but they've been pretty awful ever since they switched to their own delivery service.

I think they only use their delivery service in bigger cities or near their facilities. We don't even have an Amazon facility in our state, they just use USPS as always.

Or a shorter OST. ;)

But seriously, less tracks but the same OST length would indicate:

a) a more stable, less haphazard film edit that allowed Williams to write his music in long-form (unlike TFA, which feels more like an assembly line of one minute cues)

b) more combination tracks comprising of multiple cues, Azkaban OST style (which was 20 tracks + the 12 minute credits suite)

Allowing for a 10 minute credits suite, I think we can rule out any indulgent 11 minute action tracks (ala Zam The Assassin and the Chase Through Coruscant). Williams even kept Follow Me and The Falcon as separate tracks for TFA, despite the cues belonging together.

So anybody know how typical it is for these sites to just post untitled tracklists like this and leave them up indefinitely? Wonder if it's an indication we'll get titles and/or times soon, like maybe within a week?