THE LAST JEDI - Disney Records OST

Will

2 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

So anybody know how typical it is for these sites to just post untitled tracklists like this and leave them up indefinitely? Wonder if it's an indication we'll get titles and/or times soon, like maybe within a week?

What are you talking about? Those are the track titles. 

Frankly, I'm gobsmacked Williams has broken with tradition and not called his credits suite Untitled Track 20 and Finale. 

1 hour ago, mrbellamy said:

At the bottom and in the big list of 20 tracks in the middle of the page...

Maybe it's not showing outside the US?

cJEhEfR.png?1

Early reviews too it seems.

Well the “leaked” track list from November 1 was 22 tracks, so there’s the likely final nail in that coffin.  Didn’t seem like likely track titles anyway.

Except of course for their track 6:  “Porgs!”

13 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Except of course for their track 6:  “Porgs!”

I'll be shocked if there isn't a track called that, unless it's something like 'Chewie's New Friends.'

I just have a sneaking suspicion, if they're as big a part of the film as predicted, JW might have indulged with a cheeky concert suite for their theme... but then again, we all expected BB8 to have a theme/motif and we got nothing except the 2 note map motif.

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

It looks like they have taken down that info, which tells me it is legit (not that 20 tracks is in any way surprising). 

Try switching to MP3

4 hours ago, Not Mr. Big said:

So will the tracks all be longer on average or will we get one monster 10 minute cue and a bunch of short-ish tracks to go along with it?

Well his last four finale tracks on Star Wars OSTs have been 10, 11, 13, and 9 minutes, so we can expect at least that for the finale track.

That leaves an approx. duration of 3.5 minutes for each remaining track. No doubt there'll be combined tracks and a few shorter ones. TFA's OST had about 7 tracks ~2 minutes or less, allowing for a few longer action tracks (hopefully 5 minutes or so).

1. Main Title And The Resistance Assault

2. Journey To The Island

3. Finn Awake / Where Is Rey?

4. Leia And Poe

5. Kylo Ren Kill The Past

6. Prog's Parade

7. It's Time Ot The Jedi To End

8. For The Fist Time I Have Something To Fight For

9. Jedi Trainning

10. March of the First Order

11. Canto Bight's Palace

12. Rose's Rescue

13. Luke Kills The Knights Of Ren

14. Luke And Leia

15. Finn's Infiltration And Phasma's Revenge

16. The Battle of Crait

17. The Last Jedi Returns

18. Fulfill Your Destiny

19. Luke Skywalker VS Snoke / Rey VS Kylo Ren

20. Most Amazing Shocking True Ever And Finale

What's this?

http://repertoire.bmi.com/DetailView.aspx?detail=titleid&keyid=24556798&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&blnAltTitles=True

A rumoured TLJ track title from months ago... Registered via Bantha Music under JW's name. Note the chronology of its BMI#. Most entries for TFA are in the 21###### range, BFG around 22######, Rogue One around 23######. This is 24######.

Oh wow........................!

That would seem to confirm this old leaked info:

Spoiler

I can't prove what I know so this will probably be downvoted to hell but I am certain that this is fake. A family friend is involved with the soundtrack and he relayed a few titles when we last spoke. Again, I have literally no proof of our conversation so you can either choose to believe me or disregard what I say completely but one of the track titles I was most excited about is "Binary Sunrise" which is missing here. Additionally, there's no sign of "The Supreme Leader's Entourage" and "Poe's Dilemma" which he also mentioned.

He said that there's a lot of mixing motifs (i.e. the melody of Rey's Theme is subtly blended into a lot of other themes) and that the last track is sublime (it's currently under the working title "Reunion"). He also said that the orchestra had been pushed for time with TFA but that they'd had more time to get the TLJ soundtrack sounding "crisp and clear". If anyone has a specific question, I can ask him when I next see him but again, I don't feel comfortable asking him to prove himself. He'd probably refuse anyway as he loves what he does and wouldn't want to put his career on the line. 

EDIT: 

Wait a minute... There's an entry on BMI for "______ Part 1," and Kevin Kiner is listed as composer. Maybe it was really Kiner who did both? The registration number for Part 1 starts with 24. Hmm, yeah, that's probably it. 

20 minutes ago, crumbs said:

What's this?

http://repertoire.bmi.com/DetailView.aspx?detail=titleid&keyid=24556798&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&blnAltTitles=True

A rumoured TLJ track title from months ago... Registered via Bantha Music under JW's name. Note the chronology of its BMI#. Most entries for TFA are in the 21###### range, BFG around 22######, Rogue One around 23######. This is 24######.

"Binary Sunrise Part 1" is registered to Kevin Kiner so I'm guessing a Clone Wars or Rebels thing.

People 'leaking' shit are always confusing Clone Wars and Rebels stuff with the films... remember when the 'leaked' title for episode 7 was "A New Dawn", and it ended up just being the name of a Rebels tie-in novel?

3 hours ago, crumbs said:

What's this?

What am i looking at ? This links to an error page.

Not to get everyone's hopes up, but Entertainment Weekly is doing another round of articles about Last Jedi this week and I just realized that around this time they had an interview with Giacchino about Rogue One's score.

Maybe we'll finally get an article with some comments from Williams or Johnson? Or even a preview?

The 10 first minutes are screened yesterday.

About the music : "The Music is brilliant. It reminds me of the Original Trilogy in that it sounds a bit more retro in quality rather than being overly sharp. It specifically reminds me of some the Bespin music"

:)

Just now, Obi said:

The 10 first minutes are screened yesterday.

About the music : "The Music is brilliant. It reminds me of the Original Trilogy in that it sounds a bit more retro in quality rather than being overly sharp. It specifically reminds me of some the Bespin music"

:)

Source?

On 11/20/2017 at 4:41 AM, crumbs said:

What's this?

Binary Sunrise is the final cue for the Rebels episode Twin Suns, composed by David Glen Russell. (source) There's a lot of Rebels cues simply credited to John Williams on there as they contain his themes from the films. They're most of the "Part" Bantha Music listings

On 11/20/2017 at 5:11 AM, crumbs said:

Does this occur in TFA?!? Possible TLJ cue?? Spoiler protected just in case.

Reveal hidden contents

Again, another Rebels cue, this time from Stealth Strike AKA Escaping the Gravity Well, composed by David Glen Russell.

I guess there was some event in Mexico and there's a live video down there (can't link directly to it because I don't have Facebook) where about 30 seconds in Rian Johnson said they would be showing a few minutes of the movie.

But that doesn't necessarily mean everybody who gives descriptions claiming they saw it are telling the truth...

French retailer Fnac only lists on his website a "deluxe" version of the soundtrack. I don't know if it's the same thing a the "normal" version which is nowhere to be found on the website.

https://musique.fnac.com/a11134673/John-Williams-Star-Wars-Episode-8-Les-Derniers-Jedi-Edition-Deluxe-CD-album

For TFA they had a limited edition, but it's different : https://musique.fnac.com/a9232758/John-Williams-Star-wars-7-Le-reveil-de-la-force-Edition-limitee-Fnac-Fourreau-avec-visuel-special-2-lithographies-CD-album?omnsearchpos=3