THE LAST JEDI - Disney Records OST

Will

I noticed that the Last Jedi soundtrack is now available for preorder on iTunes... just purchased my copy in advance.

Man, only 3 weeks left to go... my nerd anticipation for both the score and film has been set to maximum overdrive. Can't wait!

This short BTS thing apparently played before Coco:

JW music? It's really hard to hear and is probably just trailer house stuff but I thought I'd post it here anyway. 

1 minute ago, Bilbo said:

We'll hear nothing officially until the 15th. 

I'll have seen the film 5 times before I can purchase the soundtrack! :stick:

Force Awakens had one official clip with score and Rogue One had a bunch, so I'm assuming we'll hear something.

I really want to hear something already guys, because this waiting is like a torture. John Williams is my soul fuel. What do you think about getting a glimpse of a recording session before the movie release, like "60 Minutes" back in 2015?

2 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

Force Awakens had one official clip with score and Rogue One had a bunch, so I'm assuming we'll hear something.

And The Force Awakens had a TV clip featuring the Jedi Steps-theme... 

I think we're SOL there at this point...

50 minutes ago, Kostov said:

I really want to hear something already guys, because this waiting is like a torture. John Williams is my soul fuel. What do you think about getting a glimpse of a recording session before the movie release, like "60 Minutes" back in 2015?

Probably not 60 Minutes but hoping we get something like this.

28 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

I think we're SOL there at this point...

Probably not 60 Minutes but hoping we get something like this.

I agree. I respect other composers for their work, but when I listen to their music, it just can't grab me. My inner voice tells me that nothing can't get even closer to John Williams music. John Williams is just a remarkable human being, always making me have goosebumps.

I have three big idols: Charles Aznavour, Roy Orbison and John Williams.

Very different for some, but each one of them has a subtility, a sensibility, a sense of good taste, rigour and work that are rare for men. They are trully real men, but their feminine side are very strong.

48 minutes ago, Sandor said:

At least these track titles are believable but I think still fake. The only track title that would seem appropriate for a concert arrangement of a new theme would be 

Spoiler

The Last Hope

especially given it's album placement on this fake tracklist but the omission that really causes me to think this is fake is that Rey's name is not included in a single track title. I think Rey and Kylo Ren will both appear in at least 1 track title and possibly Luke as well.

Yeah, Williams' approach this time around (contrary to his approach to the later two prequels) is to write thematic material for the characters themselves, rather than for events and places (e.g. the duel theme, mustafar motif, conspiracy motif, kamino fanfare) and this choice tends to carry over to the track title choices, as well.

Probably fake but 3 of the 4 Star Wars OSTs preceding TFA didn't have a track title with 'Theme', so that's not necessarily a reason to discount its validity.

But yeah, I can't see this leaking or being announced anywhere except on an official website. Even the OST back cover didn't list track titles for TFA (which seems like one obvious way they could leak).

I actually really like that list. But, as always, the chance that a Reddit leak is on point is very small (although it has happened). 

1 hour ago, Demodex said:

Um, wouldn't there have been 6 OST's preceding TFA?

Yeah, but just saying that not every OST has a track with 'Theme' in it, just Princess Leia, Yoda, Anakin and Rey across 7 movies.

Anyway, I'm super excited for the tracklist to be released so I can test my willpower of not reading it. I'd love to experience the OST for the first time like the old vinyls, with no idea about the track number or what scene the track belongs to, except my memory of the seeing the film.

50 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Anyway, I'm super excited for the tracklist to be released so I can test my willpower of not reading it. 

This is the weirdest thing I've read in a long time. 

I know a website that sometimes leaks CD's before their release date. If I see it on there I'll let you know. 

6 minutes ago, Demodex said:

This is the weirdest thing I've read in a long time. 

I know a website that sometimes leaks CD's before their release date. If I see it on there I'll let you know. 

Please do

On 11/25/2017 at 11:04 AM, Will said:

This short BTS thing apparently played before Coco:

JW music? It's really hard to hear and is probably just trailer house stuff but I thought I'd post it here anyway. 

This clip @Muad'Dib