THE LAST JEDI - Disney Records OST

Will

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

I didn't know you watched the IT Crowd, Stu!  Great show!

Oh yes, The IT Crowd is a Made-For-Disco Show.

Graham Linehan has a more recent show he co-created called Count Arthur Strong I still need to check out.

Have you seen Black Books, Jay?  It's also great.

I have not seen either of those other shows, no.

I need to see more British comedies: I think my experience is only Whose Line, Coupling, The Office, and The IT Crowd!

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

I have not seen either of those other shows, no.

I need to see more British comedies: I think my experience is only Whose Line, Coupling, The Office, and The IT Crowd!

If you enjoyed Coupling and The IT Crowd, you will definitely like Black Books.  I think the whole series can be found on Youtube with ease.

The people cutting the promotional videos have very limited access to very specific footage and assets from the actual film authorised by Lucasfilm. They're using production library music all the time (some of it custom-made, like the pieces used in the trailers and tv spots) and sometimes music from the previous films already licensed for this kind of usage. No music from Last Jedi has been heard yet outside the production.

10 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

The people cutting the promotional videos have very limited access to very specific footage and assets from the actual film authorised by Lucasfilm. They're using production library music all the time (some of it custom-made, like the pieces used in the trailers and tv spots) and sometimes music from the previous films already licensed for this kind of usage. No music from Last Jedi has been heard yet outside the production.

Why, why, why is this torture.

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

GUYS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HE POSTED ABOUT A THING WE'D ALREADY TALKED ABOUT

savingpvtryan_sad_screaming.gif

K, k, never again. But still, calm down.

Posted before, but I have a feeling this is actually based on Williams’ new music for TLJ, although it might be a reworking, much like Rey’s Theme from the TV spot back in 2015 was a synth rearrangement.

Sorry, can't find the tv spot at the beginning, but at 0:09 you can hear the music, and I think it's Williams' music. With TLJ, they have to give us a bite to chew until the music is released.

4 hours ago, Sandor said:

Posted before, but I have a feeling this is actually based on Williams’ new music for TLJ, although it might be a reworking, much like Rey’s Theme from the TV spot back in 2015 was a synth rearrangement.

Woah thanks for sharing - I was wondering when the full thing would leak!

Music sounds terrific, and certainly has that "Wow" quality you'd expect from JW, but it sounds more like something, say, Zimmer would write than Williams. I dunno. Right now I have to say that it's probably high-quality orchestral library music. It's too refined to be written by one of the random music houses they usually hire, but at the same time I'm not sure I'm ready to put all my cards down and say it's Williams.

EDIT: Then again, now that I think about it, I don't think Lucasfilm has ever before used orchestral library music in official promotions (it has been used in car commercials and the like, but I don't believe it's ever been used in trailers, TV spots, or BTS reels). 

EDIT #2: Exception to the previous comment - I think the TFA BR docs did use some library music. So... :lol:

3 minutes ago, Will said:

Woah thanks for sharing - I was wondering when the full thing would leak!

Music sounds terrific, and certainly has that "Wow" quality you'd expect from JW, but it sounds more like something, say, Zimmer would write than Williams. I dunno. Right now I have to say that it's probably high-quality orchestral library music. It's too refined to be written by one of the random music houses they usually hire, but at the same time I'm not sure I'm ready to put all my cards down and say it's Williams.

EDIT: Then again, now that I think about it, I don't think Lucasfilm has ever before used orchestral library music in official promotions (it has been used in car commercials and the like, but I don't believe it's ever been used in trailers, TV spots, or BTS reels). 

100% right has a zimmer feel

Particularly that final bit over the logo doesn't sound like typical Williams at all. Of course technically they could have spliced that on and the rest could still be him. 

For some inexplicable reason, the rythm from the Rankin-Bass version just came to me naturally to hum this to. I must have something seriously wrong in my head (big shock), I've never even seen that version!

1 minute ago, Demodex said:

They're showing a clip of the movie and you're more excited about the music?  😒

Me too.

We've seen trailers, TV spots, featurettes, etc. of the movie by now, but have not heard A SINGLE NOTE from the score...