THE LAST JEDI - Disney Records OST

Will

Hitting play on the CD player is going to be that much more exciting because of the complete lack of exposure so far. It's frustrating while we wait, but I hope it continues!

If they release samples I know I'll cave and listen to them but for now I hope they leave us in the dark until 15th. Track titles too if possible!

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I will absolutely not listen to samples if they come out.  What a terrible way to be introduced to a new Star Wars score.

Agreed. I don't do that either. I'll listen to the complete OST start to finish without distraction. Williams doing Star Wars deserves no less.

3 hours ago, Demodex said:

They're showing a clip of the movie and you're more excited about the music?  😒

Are you for real?! Of course, we are more excited about the music brainiac. Damn. This website is for discussing and wriggling of enthusiasm by the music of the greatest composer of all time, and if you're going to make discoveries like a 3-year old, please leave this galaxy(I mean the Milky Way).

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

I can imagine how disappointed we'll be if the clip they release contains no music :D

Probably it will be with no conducting maestro, but hope, just hope... Superman, please help us...

4 minutes ago, Fal said:

That doesn't really make sense, why do we need a seperate thread? Are we going to have a separate thread for the cover too?

The cover art was revealed 2 weeks ago.

And there are many people who don't want to know the track titles until after they've seen the film, Faleel.  If people are allowed to post the titles in any old thread around here, they would get spoiled.

JB Hifi announced they will be selling a "Deluxe" edition of the soundtrack. No details as yet.

I'm guessing it will be the same CD as per the regular release surrounded by a slip case and a booklet with pics from the film.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/features/general/star-wars/music/

50 minutes ago, That_Bloke said:

JB Hifi announced they will be selling a "Deluxe" edition of the soundtrack. No details as yet.

I'm guessing it will be the same CD as per the regular release surrounded by a slip case and a booklet with pics from the film.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/features/general/star-wars/music/

The bonus will be the track list on the back cover.

42 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yes, the Deluxe Edition is not some kind of JB Hifi" (whatever that is) exclusive thing.  It's on non-US Amazon sites, for example

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0758KSWZK

JB Hi-Fi is an Australian entertainment retailer, like hmv in the U.K. I'm unsure of what the U.S. equivalent is, Best Buy? 

1 minute ago, Demodex said:

Nothing wrong with track titles being leaked. The only spoiler that's ever been in a track title was Qui Gon's death. 

In your opinion.  Others hold different opinions about what they want to know before seeing a movie they are looking forward to.

47 minutes ago, Demodex said:

Look at TFA's soundtrack. Do any of those titles tell you something you didn't already know?  No. 

Before I saw the movie?  Absolutely.  I went into TFA after period of intentionally not wanting to know anything about it.

44 minutes ago, Jwfan2234 said:

Let’s start a rebellion of our own and get the soundtrack 2 weeks and a half weeks early!

Well, it's coming out in 2 weeks, so we'd have to time travel to get that extra half week.

On 25/11/2017 at 5:04 PM, Will said:

This short BTS thing apparently played before Coco:

JW music? It's really hard to hear and is probably just trailer house stuff but I thought I'd post it here anyway. 

John Williams' music here ?

2 minutes ago, pro-arte said:

John Williams' music here ?

Nope, that's Frederick Lloyd's music from the first teaser. 

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

Before I saw the movie?  Absolutely.  I went into TFA after period of intentionally not wanting to know anything about it.

Well, most people saw the trailers and if you saw the trailers then the soundtrack didn't tell you anything new.  

I'm assuming you watched the TLJ trailers. 

1 hour ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Well, it's coming out in 2 weeks, so we'd have to time travel to get that extra half week.

My bad, I lost track of time. Just shows how quickly this soundtrack will release.