THE LAST JEDI - Disney Records OST

Will

19 minutes ago, toothless said:

But we're gonna get some music tonight with the kimmel show, right ? :crymore:

May the force hear you.

Samples were never put online for TFA until it was already streaming on spotify and the others, and already for sale digitally on itunes and the others, etc.

1 hour ago, Demodex said:

Yes, but I'm not whining like a little kid about not getting 5 seconds of music. 

First you comment on people looking more foreward to hearing new music than seeing a clip from TLJ.

Now you belittle those showing eagerness towards hearing a sample of TLJ music, refering to them as ‘9 year olds’.

Get your act together man. All this judgemental fingerpointing makes you look really sad.

13 minutes ago, Demodex said:

You're drooling for a chance to hear 10 seconds of new music while I wait patiently for the OST, but I'm the one that's sad. Ok.  😄

It’s not your patience -or lack of- that makes you or anyone here look sad, especially not on a fan messageboard.

It’s your obsessive need to belittle others.

’Oooh, I’m so good, ‘cause I can wait and you guys can’t. I’m so superior and you are like 9 year olds.’ 

That’s sad. 

You know it, I know it. 

Obviously patience is a virtue but there shouldn't be anything wrong with John Williams fans being excited about any opportunity to hear his new music and disappointed when those don't bear out. There's really only one person who's being over the top about it, maybe he's serious or just having fun.

It's the holidays, it's Star Wars, it's John Williams.

Let-them-eat-cake-marie-antoinette-30973

2 hours ago, Demodex said:

You people are less patient than my 9 year old. It's only 2 more weeks.  

Then in 2 weeks you'll find some trivial thing about it to gripe about. 

I'm not your girl, and she is not me, ok? Every person is very individual and unique, so you please don't speak like a 9-year-old. And yes we are so happy that John Williams, this legend, and Titan is presenting something new. At this age, he still works and makes magical music. I'm going crazy about John Williams, I'm kinda obsessed with this man's music. So be patient as much as you want, get out of here, and go to tell a good night story to your girl.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Samples were never put online for TFA until it was already streaming on spotify and the others, and already for sale digitally on itunes and the others, etc.

In fairness though, we had original John Williams music for the film in some of the trailers. We heard a brief bit of Jedi Steps in an international trailer. This time around I don't get the sense that we've heard any actual music from TLJ.

We had that clip of "Follow Me" by this point too. And track titles!

I do hope that the Kimmel show tonight has a film clip but I'm half-expecting that if there even is one it'll be some quiet unscored dialogue between Rey and Luke :lol: Hell, I'd happily take a new Force theme statement, any sign of life!

33 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

What do you mean 'while waiting'?  Are expecting something at literally any second?

Kimmel doesn't air for like 9 hours.

I was talking principally about waiting for TLJ soundtrack. Although I'm a bit crazy I'm not that crazy to wait for 9h. like mentally ill. My girlfriend is in the bed so good night everybody.

11 minutes ago, Jwfan2234 said:

Why is everyone so angry, we are getting a brand new John Williams score in 2 weeks!

You tell me. It seems I'm the most enthusiastic bastard here.

7 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Because we have to wait 2 weeks!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO LISTEN TO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DA FUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

homer_wackyface.0.gif

Man... my ears are bleeding, be quiet.

33 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

What do you mean 'while waiting'?  Are expecting something at literally any second?

Kimmel doesn't air for like 9 hours.

You make me cry man, be a better person. :lol::lol::P:P And my answer is "YES"

You guys... entire cast will be on Jimmy Kimmel tonight along with Rian Johnson (not sure if anyone posted this yet). We will more-than-likely be getting a clip tonight... possibly our first taste of Johnny's score!!! In about 2 hours from now.

14 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

You guys... entire cast will be on Jimmy Kimmel tonight along with Rian Johnson (not sure if anyone posted this yet). We will more-than-likely be getting a clip tonight... possibly our first taste of Johnny's score!!! In about 2 hours from now.

john-goodman+frustrated.gif

10 hours ago, Supaflyryguy said:

In fairness though, we had original John Williams music for the film in some of the trailers. We heard a brief bit of Jedi Steps in an international trailer. This time around I don't get the sense that we've heard any actual music from TLJ.

Not only that but we had video clips of John and JJ in the studio and we heard them recording some of the music. JJ kept gushing about the score. Not a peep from Rian about it and it's been done for over 6 months now..... What does this mean? Is it a Giacchino score? Zimmer?

12 hours ago, Sandor said:

It’s not your patience -or lack of- that makes you or anyone here look sad, especially not on a fan messageboard.

It’s your obsessive need to belittle others.

’Oooh, I’m so good, ‘cause I can wait and you guys can’t. I’m so superior and you are like 9 year olds.’ 

That’s sad. 

You know it, I know it. 

Like you're doing right now?

"Oh, I'm so good, white knighting for all the people here! I'm so superior to you because my childish anxiety implies passion you lack! Shame on you!"

You're triggered.

You know it.

I think Disney are privately panicking about the score. Rian clearly hated everything John did (hence the passive aggressive video at the May 4th sessions) and campaigned privately to have him removed from the project, but contractual obligations have forced Disney to keep John's score.

From what I'm hearing, they'll honour the contract with a soundtrack release, but Nathan Johnson secretly created a synth score that will be heard in the final cut. Hence no clips, damage control.

Just now, crumbs said:

I think Disney are privately panicking about the score. Rian clearly hated everything John did (hence the passive aggressive video at the May 4th sessions) and campaigned privately to have him removed from the project, but contractual obligations have forced Disney to keep John's score.

From what I'm hearing, they'll honour the contract with a soundtrack release, but Nathan Johnson secretly created a synth score that will be heard in the final cut. Hence no clips, damage control.

That must be it..! ;)

When do you think they’ll press the CDs of the OST (or have they been pressed already)? To get them in stores and people’s mailboxes by the 15th, they’ll need at least a few days to get them shipped from factory to warehouse to dist center to fedex/ups/usps truck, right?

Just curious; I know nothing about the process. 

There will be printed copies in a warehouse somewhere as we speak, but I doubt they'll be shipping boxes to retailers for another week or so. I think we saw the first leaked photo of the TFA CD from a Walmart warehouse 2 days before release.

They'll probably be printing a few million copies to ship globally so that would take a few weeks at least.

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

No way. And what makes you think that Rian hates John's score?

I just saw a Star Wars car commercial that had march like music that I never heard before  .I didn't pay attention but I think nissan .anyways it was a new theme

49 minutes ago, king mark said:

I just saw a Star Wars car commercial that had march like music that I never heard before  .I didn't pay attention but I think nissan .anyways it was a new theme

If that's the same commercial you posted in a new thread it's just Kylo Ren's theme over an ostinato, taken straight from the last trailer.

3 hours ago, king mark said:

I didn't recognize kylo's theme right away so I thought it was a new JW theme .But I wansn't too far off because it is a JW theme

Yeah I actually remember when I saw the trailer for the first time in October I didn't recognize it either. I thought it might be a new JW theme.