THE LAST JEDI - Disney Records OST

Will

They are not doing an alternate cover, they are doing trading cards this time.

See here:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27945-target-will-have-an-exclusive-version-of-the-last-jedi-soundtrack/

Unlike The Post OST where the trackist has been announced, I feel the TLJ track list is being withheld to protect us from major spoilers. Does any one recall which date TFA CD tracklist were released? 

Every website has the exact same placeholder track list (specifically "Untitled Track"), which indicates Disney sent that to retailers as the tracklist and won't send out the updated titles until the soundtrack goes live on the 15th. It's possible it might leak via some music metadata database a few days out.

We never had a tracklist full of "Untitled Track" listings before TFA's was released though, did we?

Yep I think they're consciously withholding both samples and tracks after TFA (especially the early version) contained several story spoilers they might not have wanted leaked.

I mean, it gives a chronological spoiler of the film's plot, so it makes total sense they'd want to withhold it. The final track title might be especially spoilery.

48 minutes ago, Arpy said:

Yeah, probably spoilers are keeping it back: "Leia's Farewell", "Luke versus Rey" and "Kentucky Fried Porg"...

It would be nice if Williams recorded a special cue just honoring Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher). Maybe a special Encore of Princess Leia's Theme. It would be a make a nice musical eulogy. 

On 12/1/2017 at 2:36 PM, Kostov said:

While waiting. At 3:00... the slight hand movement, the smile, and the body. The music(the force) flows through him.

Oh man, what a combo.

Hadn't heard this before -- thank you!

Slightly off topic but I like that Ryan is being so open about having recorded a commentary and the number and size of some of the deleted scenes. Hopefully we'll get a decent Blu-ray release first time round with The Last Jedi.

Well Disney are on the 4K train now so I'd say pretty good! I'm sure we'll see TFA and Rogue One at the same time.

29 minutes ago, alan1984 said:

Slightly off topic but I like that Ryan is being so open about having recorded a commentary and the number and size of some of the deleted scenes. Hopefully we'll get a decent Blu-ray release first time round with The Last Jedi.

Well apparently there's a 3D version of the film to double-dip with, so they'll probably split it across two releases again.

Gorgeous alternate cover Justanothercrow421,  hope we get some more soon, using the IMAX and Dolby posters. 

On 05 December 2017 at 1:48 PM, Jwfan2234 said:

Do people still watch and buy 3D movies for home?

Well I do, for one. 3D at home kicks cinema 3D's ass (except for the smaller screen size of course). Can't speak for 3D IMAX, haven't seen it.

There are no 3D tvs being manufactured, but there are still 3D projectors. The industry is waiting for auto-stereoscopic displays to become viable.

1 minute ago, Brundlefly said:

I wonder if the film itself will also play so excessively with the colour red.

Haven't you seen the images of that red crystal planet in the trailers?  And (what I assume are) Snoke's imperial guard or whatever? It very much is!

10 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Haven't you seen the images of that red crystal planet in the trailers?  And (what I assume are) Snoke's imperial guard or whatever? It very much is!

Haven't watched many trailers. But there's the red guy I saw in a toy store

2 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

The film was shot with RED cameras, too.

This is a solid joke, but it wasn't shot digitally!  It's 35mm film!  Are Lucasfilm the only ones still making franchise tentpoles on film?

EDIT: Or is it 65mm film?  I know TFA was 35.  Either way, cool that they're still using film.

7 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Gorgeous alternate cover JWfan2234,  hope we get some more soon, using the IMAX and Dolby posters. 

Well I do, for one. 3D at home kicks cinema 3D's ass (except for the smaller screen size of course). Can't speak for 3D IMAX, haven't seen it.

There are no 3D tvs being manufactured, but there are still 3D projectors. The industry is waiting for auto-stereoscopic displays to become viable.

Thanks but I didn’t make it

14 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Or is it 65mm film?  I know TFA was 35.  Either way, cool that they're still using film.

Both this and The Force Awakens had parts of it shot on 70mm, I'm sure.

I don't necessarily mind digital, though. It's already overtaking the resolution of 35mm film, and the clarity is unparalleled.

On 04/12/2017 at 2:34 AM, crumbs said:

Yep I think they're consciously withholding both samples and tracks after TFA (especially the early version) contained several story spoilers they might not have wanted leaked.

I mean, it gives a chronological spoiler of the film's plot, so it makes total sense they'd want to withhold it. The final track title might be especially spoilery.

Jar-jar's returns :lol:

24 minutes ago, Obi said:

From 0,16 to 0'30 (???)

Wow, this doesn't sound a bit like JW. It sounds like an advertisement for washing powder.