THE LAST JEDI - Disney Records OST

Will

3 hours ago, Arpy said:

Eh, some of them are good, I always look out for the commissioned posters from a range of artists, particularly those affiliated with Mondo.

ET_sun_bikes_mondo.jpg

et-movie-poster-mondo-dan-mccarthy-blue.jpg

Woah, I never saw either of those before, but I like them a lot! 

20 hours ago, king mark said:

Another 1 disk incomplete release ,Same fucking shit when stupid scores like The Mummy and Transformers get deluxe 2 c.d. releases right away.

another year of hoping we get crumbs from  the oscar promo and videogames

Suck it up buttercup. 

You should know that William's scores only get a single disc set most of the time right off the bat. So quit bitchin'.

Yep, definitely. Expansions don't hold a candle to brand new scores. I'm way more excited for TLJ and The Post (I almost wrote The Papers, but then I remembered!) than I am for either La-La Land release. 

25 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Titanic is more overrated than everything!

Fixed.

And I expect the soundtrack cover for TLJ to be the same as TFA's, just with red lettering instead of yellow, and with the same "Music by John Williams". They'll probably save more detailed album covers (possibly poster art?) for the inevitable full score releases sometime in the distant future.

Has Williams ever released a 2 cd set for an initial OST release.  I know he did the double LPs, but I don't think he has since the CD era.  Which leads to the question, why would anyone expect him to begin now?

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

King Mark basically only posts these days to complain about something. Two of the scores that have been his favorites for most of his life got complete versions announced and he couldn't even express any joy, just concern about ship dates 

I've said it before, he's JWFan's Eeyore.

Also, I don't like those E.T. posters. It looks like Photoshop art. I want my movie artwork done by hand. Like Monet's Titanic artwork.

b0c5db732056912fbe701fdf77129cf5.jpg

Look at his use of color here. Isn't he great?

I don't think KM was actually expecting a 2CD release - he was just expressing general disappointment with the situation, which is perfectly understandable. 

I'm too emotionally burned out to be happy about E.T. and CE3K

2 hours ago, Jay said:

King Mark basically only posts these days to complain about something. Two of the scores that have been among his favorites for most of his life got complete versions announced and he couldn't even express any joy, just concern about ship dates 

And also:

1) We have decent rips of the LD iso score, and combined with the other albums we can already make a complete score. I don't  expect major revelations from this E.T. release other than some cues in slightly better sound quality, or the very remote possibility that the Ride music is on there

2) I don't really know what's missing from Ce3K other than the mothership music (which might be the one cue not included in this set). I was pretty happy with the Collector's Edition .I'm pretty sure all the melodic music is on there, so what's missing is probably low key atonal material or suspense music

My point is you should be happy a team has been put together that is going through Williams' golden era and putting out definitive releases of everything. He's plowing through two Spielberg scores a year now and do you really think Kathleen Kennedy, who produced all these Spielberg movies and now runs Lucasfilm, isn't going to have him do Star Wars and Indy at some point too? 

And I think you'll find both ET and CE3K include music you didn't even know existed. 

The fact that prior expansions exist for some scores doesn't make the properly done version any less relevant. When these sets come out you can chuck all the old CDs and bootlegs and fan edits and laserdisc rips in the bin

well,  of course I'll buy them and I'm happy they're beeing made

My point is that us JW fans haven't had an easy road  (especially pre 2010 or so  when NOTHING was ever released properly ). It's more of a lifetime goal to get these things.

It changed when we started getting stuff like Black Sunday and Family Plot but we still have a long way to go for Williams big blockbuster scores

The only time a Williams release omits something important is when some other producer handles it. All the Matessino ones are pretty definitive. 

I know, and, as I just said, that time is over, we're in a new era now. We're about to have our fourth Spielberg expansion in a 12 month period. Can't you enjoy that? 

yes yes, I am

I've been less worried about expansions in the past few years. And in a way 1941, A.I. and Empire of the Sun seem like "bigger" releases than E.T. and CE3K considering the material we already have (unless there's tons of music we don;t know exist)

I'm sick and tired of waiting for Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Harry Potter. I can see it now. I'll be an even grouchier old fart telling my grandkids to shut up because it's the first time we've have Palpatine's Big Pitch complete.

22 minutes ago, Jay said:

When these sets come out you can chuck all the old CDs ... in the bin

Holy shit, don't do that. Those things still have significant historical value. If you really want to get rid of them, flog them on eBay. There's always some nut like me out there who still buys vintage CDs.

1 minute ago, king mark said:

I keep all of the old releases  but I remove them from their box and place tghem in a c.d. holder pod

If it's a particularly old CD, like pre-1987, the jewel case has value because of the smooth edges at the top and bottom. At some point in the mid to late 80s, they rolled out the ribbed (for her pleasure?) edges.

never noticed that..I do keep the jewel cases  too...in another box .I use them as spares

But I like my shelf to have only the most up to date releases to represent the evolution of my collection

Many of my jewel cases for older CDs were replaced. I spent a couple hours doing it. It was therapeutic. The pointlessly 2CD Star Wars OST release looks better in a slim case than the fat one it originally came in.