Will

THE LAST JEDI - Disney Records OST

50 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

19 Peace And Purpose (3:08)

• 1.44-end = 9M86 Old Friends 

20 Finale (8:28)

• 0.00-0.36 = 9M86 Old Friends 

Is this the first time JW split a single composition across multiple tracks for an OST?

Or maybe they broke this in two on the recording stage?

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Is this the first time JW split a single composition across multiple tracks for an OST?

Or maybe they broke this in two on the recording stage?

And what happened to Finale Part. II? :lol:

Why some scenes at the Ahch-To island and the fathiers chase action scene are under reel 0? 

I imagine that when Williams scored the movie they didn't know exactly when those scenes would take place during the movie, so they were just there on "reel 0" awaiting the final cut of the movie.

18 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Why some scenes at the Ahch-To island and the fathiers chase action scene are under reel 0? 

I imagine that when Williams scored the movie they didn't know exactly when those scenes would take place during the movie, so they were just there on "reel 0" awaiting the final cut of the movie.

That's the theory. They probably had those sequences edited but didn't know which reel they belonged to when JW scored them. I don't have the scoring dates but they might be the first cues JW wrote in late 2016.

Rian Johnson said originally the film intercut between the various story threads more regularly than the final cut (which stays with each storyline for longer stretches).