Did MV from LLL just confirm their next three John Williams titles?

Jay

Some guy in the ET thread on FSM said this:

Hi MV;

Since obviously you can see the power of John Williams...
Can You please consider releasing a special edition CD -
The Complete Score + Alternates, Source Music, and Unused Cues to...

SABRINA (1995)

That is the only John Williams Holy Grail I am waiting on...
But then; don't forget...

FAR AND AWAY (1992)

and...

THE RIVER (1984)

And this was MV's reply in the thread:

Done and done

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=121219&forumID=1&archive=0

Finally for Far & Away and The River. I Love Far & Away and the MCA CD needs a modern day remastering badly. Ditto for The River. The beginning of that movie had an incredible Bum-bum-bum drum beat added to The River main theme that I have wanted forever.

Do not care one bit for Sabrina.

All great!

Sabrina is fantastic! I love this romantic score. I see this is another criminally underrated score among JWfans, like CoS! An expansion would be incredible! 

However, I'd most be happy about the complete Far and Away. It's got the most missing music for sure. An epic, sweeping, heartwarming score.

The River... Well, I got the OS album a few weeks ago. Not sure how much music is missing, but this one's not a priority right now, I'd say. It's got great country (-like) music, but all the highlights are already on the OS, I think.

Personally, I'd have wished for Harry Potter, Star Wars, JFK, or Minority Report! 

I'll probably skip all these for the time being. They're not essential if you already have the OSTs that are probably collecting dust as we speak.

Today I ummed and uhhed about including Dances With Wolves and Braveheart in my LLL order. But I realised I only listen to those OSTs occasionally anyway, so what's the point?

I think we've hit peak score expansion.

Just now, Brundlefly said:

I really can really think of few titles that I would be less excited about. Hopefully, MV refers to "considering" and not "releasing" and is instead working on interesting titles.

I think it doesn't work that way.

Eventually all (or at least most) JW titles will be expanded. They're not gonna expand all the "interesting" scores first, and then later all the scores that some people perceive "uninteresting."

He/she should have asked "can you release" instead of "can you consider releasing". An affirmative response to the latter doesn't confirm anything at all. But of course Lalaland will only confirm titles when they choose. 

But with all this talk of Sabrina, I'm curious if there is much known unreleased music...

No, I think two of the 3 scores mentioned (I don't think all 3) are in the pipelines.

If they had considered and then rejected it, MV would hardly have said with confidence, "Done and done!"

It's likely they considered it and are currently actively working on it...

Mike Matessino just said this (in the FSM E.T. post)...

I'll chime in and say that I have no knowledge of anything happening with any of those three titles at the moment. I would recommend enjoying E.T. when it arrives and then the forthcoming CE3K. It won't be every year that these two top-tier Williams scores and Spielberg films get to be celebrated like this, so savor it.

Mike M.

The Towering Inferno is scheduled for 2017 too?  and lets hope for more jaw dropping titles on Black Friday featuring a  multiple John Williams set perhaps?

4 hours ago, azahid said:

The Towering Inferno is scheduled for 2017 too?  and lets hope for more jaw dropping titles on Black Friday featuring a  multiple John Williams set perhaps?

I believe someone said earlier this year that it's on the slate, but not for 2017.

4 hours ago, azahid said:

Mike Matessino just said this (in the FSM E.T. post)...

I'll chime in and say that I have no knowledge of anything happening with any of those three titles at the moment. I would recommend enjoying E.T. when it arrives and then the forthcoming CE3K. It won't be every year that these two top-tier Williams scores and Spielberg films get to be celebrated like this, so savor it.

Mike M.

So, no SW and Indy the same year? I thought E.T. and CE3K would set a new trend. :(

Just now, crumbs said:

Fuck! So we're not getting anymore Spielberg/Williams releases for potentially years!!!

Has the relationship between their camps broken down!?!?? Fuck!!!!

You must chill!

27 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Fuck! So we're not getting anymore Spielberg/Williams releases for potentially years!!!

Has the relationship between their camps broken down!?!?? Fuck!!!!

They need to stay in business. Aside from some of Williams' biggest scores, realistically there's not much left to release.