29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear glasses?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We all do, it's instinct!    Seriously though, I very nearly gave up with contacts during my trial period. I was literally spending half an hour in the bathroom either trying to put 'em in o

Not when I am sleeping.  

Maybe just wear a monocle then? 

I got glasses when I was in third grade, and contacts when I was in 6th I think.  I wear my contacts every single day and only wear glasses at night after I take them out

I've worn glasses since I was 6, my eyes finalised at -2.5D/-4.5D, which is pretty bad, especially the diference between the two eyes. Glasses were always my only option, I can't even think about putting some things in my eye. Now after 14 years I had intra/femtoLASIK eye surgery done about 1.5 months ago and it's really awesome to see properly for the first time. My sight now is better than 120%, after 5 minutes of no pain (just slight discomfort), a day of light sensitivity, and a load of money spent on it.

9 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

My wife wears glasses only.  She doesn't wear contacts ever because she has a weird thing about touching her eyeballs.

We all do, it's instinct! 

Seriously though, I very nearly gave up with contacts during my trial period. I was literally spending half an hour in the bathroom either trying to put 'em in or get' em out. That would be an hour each day messing with my eyeballs in the mirror. They were tender and streaming after each attempt, it was really horrid. So yeah, I almost concluded that lenses just weren't for me. But a week later I seemed to make a breakthrough with them and I realised I'd stopped automatically flinching every time my fingers made contact. It became easy! 

Now I can maul my eyes with kitchen utensils and everything, it doesn't bother me. Takes me 5 seconds to whip my contacts out. Any wearer will probably say removing one's lens is even satisfyingly pleasurable. 

I've been wearing glasses since the fourth grade.

7 minutes ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Not anymore. Got the laser shit done. So far eyes haven't melted. 

Nice! I've always wanted to get laser-surgery, because keeping track of glasses can be so hard sometimes, but I've never had had the money or means to do so. It's damn expensive.

The true story is that I couldn't see things very well in The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland anymore and I knew my vision was deteriorating, although I've had issues seeing in the dark for a while. So I've been wearing Tennant-esque glasses mainly in the dark and while driving.

webcam-toy-photo1.jpg

I'm nearsighted, so I need them for driving primarily, but I do have them on during work because it's hard to see stuff at a certain distance, especially if I'm looking at someone else's computer.  I take them off in my office or I'll have them up on my forehead when I'm walking around.  I'll also wear them to the movies or watching TV. 

As you guys know I have and wear glasses.  I have pretty bad astigmatism that's why I have to wear them.  With out them everything is very blurry and I can hardly see and have to squint my eyes. I'd say I'm close to being blind with out my glasses,; I should have worn them all the time since being young but I didn't like how they looked on me. 

I am not sure what my eye site numbers are. I haven't had an eye exam in a few years. I need to get another one though at some point.  I got to get me a new pair of glasses anyways.  I've had these ones for quite a few years. I don't remember when I had gotten them but I had to get a new pair because my old ones had broken and weren't fixable. I don't remember the name but I got these at Walmart.

These also came with magnetic sunglasses that you clipped onto the glasses. 

Got glasses at 6, contacts at 15. Prescription is -6.0 in the left eye, -7.0 in the right, which is terrible, but I've met people with worse. 

My routine with them is pretty normal, I just wear glasses in the morning/night and for lazy days at home or running errands or whatever. At work and socially it's usually contacts but sometimes I don't feel like putting them in.

Sometimes. I'm at 20/25 and 20/40. 

For the foolish Europeans: 

It means the following. When I stand 20 feet from an object, I see it as well as someone with perfect vision would standing 25 feet from that object. That's my left eye. 

In my right eye, when I stand 20 feet from an object, I see it as well as someone with perfect vision would see it standing 40 feet from that object. 

• 3 years later...

I was do for new glasses this year but all the covid restrictions made trying on new frames problematic so I'm waiting till next year I guess. I only wear them at night after I take out my contacts anyway. 

Nope. It was the kind where it's all lasers, no razorcutting a service hole on the cornea, went fine and fast, vision was a little blurry for a day as it should be, perfect for 3-4 years now. The really mindblowing thing was seeing how many little individual bubbles the foam in the bathtub is made of!

Maybe my eye gets dry a bit more often or I just notice it more since then.

I have a face that needs glasses on it to look human, so I'll probably wear them for life.  I'm not extremely nearsighted, but I have not been able to read at a distance since I was 14, and objects got blurred in the distance shortly after that.  I'm at -2.25 both eyes. 

What's cool I guess about myopia is that small objects at close range are much more clear and distinct for me than for others.  I'd probably make a good jeweler or something.  

• 4 weeks later...

Been wearing glasses (-2.25 on both eyes) for more than 20 years now. Occassionally, I also wear contacts but not very often, mainly for those occassions where they are far more practical (concerts, sports etc.).

On 10/31/2020 at 11:25 PM, SteveMc said:

What's cool I guess about myopia is that small objects at close range are much more clear and distinct for me than for others.  I'd probably make a good jeweler or something.  

I totally second that!