SPOILER TALK : Blade Runner 2049 (Denis Villeneuve, 2017)

Jay

34 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

If you saw a movie titled Blade Runner 2049, then yes.

Still doesn't help me understand your question.

Replicants can now give birth.  So they won.

The humans will now be erased from the surface of the heart....

_____

Well, while you think you understood the movie, but unfortunately, understood anything at all...

I must admit I find the 2049 version as sexist than the original.

Wowen still serve only as sexual objects.

Well, after all 2049 is not very far away from us!...

11 hours ago, Bespin said:

are the Replicants won?

Yes, it was a raffle.

The score didn't do much for me though... mostly just noise with only a few moments of excellence and great callbacks to the original's soundtrack. And that terrible end credits "music" was probably just there to get people out of the theater fast.

Not brilliant by any means (at least script-wise) but I enjoyed myself so much watching this on the big screen. Of course the cinematography was fantastic and I really liked what they did with the music and the sound design. I really liked the slow pace of the first two hours or so, and I really enjoyed Ford's presence, but everything felt a little rushed after they bonded on the hotel's bar. Maybe an extra 15-20 minutes would have helped. I'm a sucker for slow films done well, and to see this in a multi-million dolar modern blockbuster felt really refreshing, even if the film isn't perfect. Could have done without the romantic subplot, or have it done better; and the female villain could have been more interesting as well. That final fight felt really flat as well, even if Ford was about to drown the action itself wasn't exciting and there was no tension. Maybe it's a Villenueve thing, because everything else felt to tightly directed, at least in a general sense.

Speaking of Ford, he was really freaking good in this! Except for that drowning scene, I was surprised at how good he was actually acting. He seems to have stepped up his game in the last years, and he looked much better than in TFA. Maybe could have done without the final shot of him and his daughter, but I was so delighted of see him invested! Even if his character's presence wasn't completely vital to the actual picture, he had great chemistry with Gosling and with Leto as well. Would love to continue seeing him on this path.

The army of replicants scene was stupid as hell, but they're probably setting up a sequel of sorts. And on a final note, I wanna see Robin Wright play Lady Jessica on the Dune movie. She would be perfect for the role!

3 minutes ago, Muad'Dib said:

The army of replicants scene was stupid as hell, but they're probably setting up a sequel of sorts. And on a final note, I wanna see Robin Wright play Lady Jessica on the Dune movie. She would be perfect for the role!

It's not stupid, they won. There will be no sequel, THEY WON.

What people didn't understood about this movie?

At least, Deckard still drink Black Label!

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « blade runner 2049 black label »

59 minutes ago, Muad'Dib said:

Not brilliant by any means (at least script-wise) but I enjoyed myself so much watching this on the big screen. Of course the cinematography was fantastic and I really liked what they did with the music and the sound design. I really liked the slow pace of the first two hours or so, and I really enjoyed Ford's presence, but everything felt a little rushed after they bonded on the hotel's bar. Maybe an extra 15-20 minutes would have helped. I'm a sucker for slow films done well, and to see this in a multi-million dolar modern blockbuster felt really refreshing, even if the film isn't perfect. Could have done without the romantic subplot, or have it done better; and the female villain could have been more interesting as well. That final fight felt really flat as well, even if Ford was about to drown the action itself wasn't exciting and there was no tension. Maybe it's a Villenueve thing, because everything else felt to tightly directed, at least in a general sense.

Speaking of Ford, he was really freaking good in this! Except for that drowning scene, I was surprised at how good he was actually acting. He seems to have stepped up his game in the last years, and he looked much better than in TFA. Maybe could have done without the final shot of him and his daughter, but I was so delighted of see him invested! Even if his character's presence wasn't completely vital to the actual picture, he had great chemistry with Gosling and with Leto as well. Would love to continue seeing him on this path.

You'll probably enjoy the directors cut blueray with the 15-20 extra minutes then.  I quite enjoyed the final fight because it felt well earned and not over the top in an action movie sort of way.  The film didn't switch genre's for the final fight.  It was the culmination of what was all at stake and I really thought Deckard was going to die ala TFA.  Yes, I agree Ford was very good in this film and still a bad ass and seemed to really want to perform in this movie which sometimes he seems to just show up for the paycheck.  I found the story quite engrossing so didn't mind the replicant army.  I felt it was a natural evolution of the events from the original film.  Pretty much any AI movie includes an eventual revolution. 

Do you think the original bladerunner was brilliant?  It is interesting how the critics got that one so wrong. 

Watch these two clips noting the change of heart (1982):

and this (1992):

It is interesting in what it is attempting but is ultimately an extremely boring film that does not by any means earn it's length. It just moves so laboriously.

The plot is actually ingenious enough. Or atleast ingenious in the point of view it adopts. The point of view by its self acts as a twist which is interesting. But besides that there is little of interest.

The images are good but kinda over blown. The price tag is absolutely confounding. Who greenlit this?

• 1 year later...
On 10/17/2017 at 11:53 PM, Bespin said:

Replicants can now give birth.  So they won.

The humans will now be erased from the surface of the heart....

I think it's a stalemate actually.

Replicants could give birth, or at least the Nexus 7 model that Rachael was the prototype off could. But with much of Tyrell's research destroyed and Wallace unable to make a type of Replicant that can procreate all pretty much stays as it was. 

The film is at it's best and most interesting when it focuses on K.

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I either didn't know something like that existed or briefly knew but then forgot.

Are they any good and how can one see them now?

On 7/10/2020 at 1:41 PM, AC1 said:

This youtuber is able to pinpoint the movie's weaknesses and yet ... he thinks it's great. :blink:

Well, he doesn't class these features as artistic weaknesses; just commercial disadvantages.