Star Wars KOTOR Music

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/...S_supplies.html

Go there.  Listen to the music sample and tell me what you think.  I Personally think it's pretty good.

It was ok, I still like the music mixes a lot better, but J. Soule is a really good composer... well for being in the gamebusiness anyway. I enjoy his music to Total Annihilation a bit better though.

I wonder how much the dumb*** who designed that website gets paid. Every time I visit those friggin' pages my PC freezes and I have to restart it manually. :)

Its good, but these tracks are really nothing special. J. Soule has done much better than this. Perhaps its too early to judge. Maybe the soundtrack as a whole will be better.

It's pretty good, but I like the two samples from Indy and the Emperor's Tomb better, especially the way Indy's theme is woven into the mix; I couldn't really discern anything noticeable in the two KotOR sound clips, but it was only one listen, too. The game will rock, provided it can perform adequately on a P3 500 MHz.

Now what we need is another Star Wars video/computer game that utilizes the incredible main themes from Dark Forces I and TIE Fighter, or at least a proper orchestration of them, since MIDI can only take you so far!

music.gif

"Dark Forces Intro" by Clint Bajakian, MIDI

music.gif

I think Bajakian made the music for Indy and the Emperor's Tomb :mrgreen:

.  The game will rock, provided it can perform adequately on a P3 500 MHz.

Sorry, indy needs a 750 so far, and KOTOR being released fall 2003, i think that i will need at least more :mrgreen:.

Luke, who hasn't that computer too 8O

Well i hope a 500 can run it... i played P266 games with my ol' P166.... Even JKO 'runs' (frame-by-frame unfortunately LOL )

Anyway, i hope the game has Some Williams music. Being settled 4000 years before the prequels does not mean the Force theme, the SW theme (in main titles) cannot appear. Even an arranged version of Duel of the fates or sith chorus could appear, and if Tattoine appears, a similar music should be used (TPM, AOC)

.  The game will rock, provided it can perform adequately on a P3 500 MHz.

Sorry, indy needs a 750 so far, and KOTOR being released fall 2003, i think that i will need at least more :mrgreen:.

Luke, who hasn't that computer too 8O

Well i hope a 500 can run it... i played P266 games with my ol' P166.... Even JKO 'runs' (frame-by-frame unfortunately LOL )

well, I think it could run pretty smooth, depending on what graphichs accelerator you have though. I have a PIII 450 MHz processor which should hardly be able to run Command & Conquer Generals (which had insane minimum requirements), but it did and floats very nice due to my graphics card (GeForce 3 Ti, 128mb). I hope that it will have the same effect on KOTOR.

music.gif

I think Bajakian made the music for Indy and the Emperor's Tomb :sigh:

That he did, they even show pictures of him on that site, sitting at the keyboard and synthesizer, score book at the ready, not to mention pictures of the orchestra that performed the game's score. I'm kinda partial to the picture of the flute section aqui

http://lucasarts.com/products/indiana/imag...usic/flutes.jpg

because I play the flute and piccolo.

As for KotOR running, I've got a GeForce 2 64 MB DDR, which isn't the greatest in the world, but it suffices. I mean, in Grand Theft Auto 3, it really bogs down when I get all the cops, paddy wagons, and FBI chasing me, but it's never really unplayable. Besides, I mean to purchase a new motherboard and faster processor in the near future, so I can play all the cutting edge games. I'm not sure I want to play Unreal II, but I want to be able to. If I can get my hands on a broadband connection once I get my own place, then I'll be spending my time in Galaxies.

At any rate, game companies often state the system requirements as being higher than absolutely necessary not only because they want you to shell out more money for computer upgrades, but they want you to get the most visually and gameplay-wise out of their work. I mean, a game as visually stunning as Knights of the Old Republic can probably work fine on an older system, as long as you meet the OpenGL and RAM requirements, but if the graphics look as dated as say, StarFox for the SNES, then why bother? I hate when games refuse to run on lower system requirements, rather than just perform slower.

Now if only all the old DOS, pre-Win95 games would stop being b*tchy and work on the later OS's without being such royal pains. Some of the best games ever predate Windows 95 by years.

YAY!!! THIS HAS JUST BEEN MY ELEVENTY-FIRST POST!!!

Alex Trebek (Will Ferrell): And your wager? Eleventy-billion dollars. That isn't even a real number.

Keanu Reeves (Tobey Maguire): Yet.