Your Halloween soundtracks and movies

Bespin

Ive got mason jars around the yard filled with colored water and baby doll pieces. Got halloween lights out and a few other gags.

I will watch the B&W horror films

Thankfully, we've not tried to copy Halloween yet, but I've a tradition I've been upholding for the last few years: watching some combination of the good old 30s Dracula, Frankenstein and The Mummy. Whichever one(s) I feel like watching that weekend.

7 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

For years I used to watch both the original Halloween and Halloween II annually on the night of.  Not since I started having kids though.

Excellent! That's two of my best horror movies too.  I always watch them with Halloween H20 (which is the third installment in the "Laurie Strode" Trilogy).

My other "classic" Trilogy is Freddy (Nightmare on Elm Street). They call it the "Nancy Trilogy". I think it's Freddy I, III and "Wes Craven's New Nightmare".

I'm really a fan of classic slasher movies.

Trick R Treat!

I've been shuffling my Halloween playlist - 85 tracks, see below

Spoiler

April Fools Day - Main Title; All's Well That Ends; Pier Pressure

Army of Darkness - Prologue; Mach of the Dead
Beetlejuice - Main Titles
Book of Blood - Tollington House
Bram Stoker's Dracula - Dracula: The Beginning
Cabin Fever - Red Love/Virus Check

Candyman - Music Box; Cabrini Green

Chiller (Kunzel)- Overture from The Phantom of the Opera); Night on Bald Mountain
The Conjuring - Maurice; Souls Pulled In
The Creepshow - The Creepshow Welcomes You; Prologue

Definitive Horror Music (Silva/CoPPO) - Drag Me To Hell; Hellbound: Hellraiser 2; The Thing; Dracula - Main Titles/Storm; Phantasm; Suspiria; The Exorcist; Rosemary's Baby

Donnie Darko - Carpathian Ridge; The Artifact & Living; Manipulated Living; Liquid Spear Waltz
Evil Dead 2013 - Don't Say It, Don't Write It, Don't Hear It; Abominations Rising; The Pendant/Evil Tango
The Fly - Plasma Pool
The Fly II - The Fly II
The Fog - Theme From The Fog; Matthew Ghost Story
The Fog (remake) - Epilogue
Friday the 13th- Overlay of Evil/Main Titles

Friday the 13th Pt 3 - Theme from Friday the 13th Part 3

Friday the 13th Pt 6 - Here We Go Again (Opening Titles: Jason Lives)
Friday the 13th Part VII/Part VIII - End Credit (Part VII)
The Fury - Gillian's Vision

Goosebumps - Goosebumps
Gremlins - The Gremlin Rag
Halloween - Halloween Theme, Halloween 1978

Halloween 3 - Halloween Montage

Halloween (2007) - Halloween 2007
The Happening - Princeton
Haunted Honeymoon - End Credits
House of the Devil - He's Calling You
The Howling - Openng Title/Phone Call/Dark Streets
Insidious - The Insidious Plane

It Follows - Title; Old Maid
Let Me In - Los Alamos
Mirrors II - Mirrors II
Night Breed - Mayhem in Midian; End Credits

Nigtmare on Elm St - Main Title

Nightmare on Elm St 2 - Jump Rope

Nightmare on Elm St 5 - New Line Logo/Main Title (Film Version)
The Omen - Ave Satani
The Omen 666 - Main Titles
Pee-Wee's Big Adventure - Clown Dream

Pet Sematary - The Pet Sematary
Piranha 3D - Piranha
Psycho - Prelude
Red Dragon - Main Titles
Return to House on Haunted Hill - Return to House on Haunted Hill
Scary Music (Kunzel) - Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
Scream 3 - Last Call
Seed of Chucky - Main Title
Signs - Main Title

Sinister II - It Begins; Dentist
Sleepy Hollow - Main Titles; Evil Eye
Trick R Treat - End Credits
Wes Craven's New Nightmare - Safe at Last
Wolfman (Elfman) - The Madhouse
Wrong Turn 2 - Main Title

Zom-B-Movie - Tainted Popcorn; Chillerama Main Title/Floyd's Bean Bag
28 Weeks Later - Welcome to Britain

Hoping to add a few tracks from the Varese horror box that's coming for me in a few days.

I don't have any traditions, but I on occasion I would go over a friend's house and watch really bad "horror" movies, like Silent Night, Deadly Night 2 or Trolls 2.  Tried to make it a tradition but it never panned out.

Just now, Richard said:

You know, Bes: BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA. Gary Oldman. Winnona Ryder. "I know where the barstard lies, in Carfax Ebbey".

That DRACULA.

Ah ok, I loved that Dracula. The one with Keanu Reeves.

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « dracula keanu reeves »

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

None and none. 

Halloween is not a tradition here, despite efforts of some misguided mouth breathers and retailers to introduce it.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:29 PM, mstrox said:

Trick R Treat!

I've been shuffling my Halloween playlist - 85 tracks, see below

Reveal hidden contents

Hoping to add a few tracks from the Varese horror box that's coming for me in a few days.

Five new tracks that I found worthy for my Halloween playlist from the Varese horror box: 

Maniac - On the Beach/Hookers Heartbeat

Scream - The Cue From Hell; Trouble in Woodsboro

Mephisto's Waltz - Main Title; The Library

Tonight the playlist gets put away until August or September.  Boo hoo!

On 10/23/2017 at 1:42 PM, Sweeping Strings said:

Local arthouse cinema has a late screening of Hellraiser this Friday night, so I have a ticket for that.  

On the night itself, am thinking of double-billing The Witch and The Babadook. 

I would rather dig my eyes out with a rusted fishing hook. If I ever commit a serious crime a good punishment would be to make me watch those two endlessly boring films. Though I feel that is a violation of the Geneva convention.

3 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

I would rather dig my eyes out with a rusted fishing hook. If I ever commit a serious crime a good punishment would be to make me watch those two endlessly boring films. Though I feel that is a violation of the Geneva convention.

I think boredom is the true villain in those two films. They bored me stiff, I hated them!

On 01/11/2017 at 7:10 PM, JoeinAR said:

Well, such was the noise from the thoughtless cunts setting off fireworks in the street and ruining my concentration that by the time it eased off, there was only enough time to watch The Babadook.   

You found it 'endlessly boring', I think it's one of the finest horror movies of recent years. Oh well. 

Opinions are like assholes ... everybody's got one. 

Yes but I do not understand how anyone could say it is finest. The mother and son were so off putting. I simply could not connect. 

6 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

Yes but I do not understand how anyone could say it is finest. The mother and son were so off putting. I simply could not connect. 

Me either. I think it's just the snooty art house elites who keep pretending to like it.

• 11 months later...

Time of the year to wake up this thread from the dead! MOUHAHAHAHAHAH!!! :stir:

This week I will listen to my Dracula LP restoration for the last time... snif snif.... the new CD set is already ordered! :woop:

Then I will probably listen to the E.T. Expanded Set (for it's famous Halloween scene with the Yoda's theme quote!).

Oh yes, the Psycho Suite from the excellent Salonen CD too!

And you?

For the past couple of weeks, I've been watching classics that I had never seen before:

Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Ghostbusters, Beetlejuice, The Shining, Ginger Snaps, Psycho, Vertigo

And I also saw the new Halloween in theatre and I was quite pleased! It was surprisingly really good! :o

4 minutes ago, Luka said:

Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street,

That's my three favorite slasher movie series of all-time!!!

- Halloween I, II and H20 (Laurie Strode Trilogy)

- Friday the 13th I & II

- Freddy I, III and Wes Craven's New Nightmare (Nancy Trilogy)

I'm not sure about the new Halloween... as it's not a sequel... but seems to be just a "reimagination" of the original movie.... like a sort of "hommage". Strange...

1 minute ago, Bespin said:

Halloween I, II and H20 (Laurie Strode Trilogy)

Then you have to watch the new one in theatres right now!! I just saw the first Halloween, and I found the new one to be really interesting since it's the continuity of Laurie's and Michael's story.

8 minutes ago, Luka said:

Then you have to watch the new one in theatres right now!! I just saw the first Halloween, and I found the new one to be really interesting since it's the continuity of Laurie's and Michael's story.

You have to see Halloween II too (the original one I mean), it's a direct sequel to the first movie... like... it's the same night, the action just continue. Very good.

Honnestly, these days again in autumn, I still don't walk too near from cedar hedges because of the Halloween movies!

I think I watched them when I was too young!!! (born in 1974)

On 10/29/2018 at 2:05 PM, Bespin said:

I'm not sure about the new Halloween... as it's not a sequel... but seems to be just a "reimagination" of the original movie.... like a sort of "hommage". Strange...

It’s a direct sequel to the original film that ignores everything else in the franchise, including the other two Curtis films.