Jump to content

The Only Reply with a Phrase of Music You Made | COMPANION COMMENTARY THREAD


BLUMENKOHL
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Stefancos said:

We need a new Williams score...fast.

 

Even with your struggle (being Ginger) you can grab a smartphone and some music app and throw something together and be part of something bigger than yourself! Something that transcends space and time. Something that reaches across oceans! Create! Like the GODS! 

5 hours ago, Quintus said:

I use https://clyp.it for audio embedding.

 

I just tested it. Seems to work fine. You will need an account to keep the song from being deleted after 24 hours though. 

 

To embed the link, you copy their embed code, set your JWFan editor to "Source" mode and paste the embed code. 

 

And here is the first 1:00 minute of conversation, roughly stitched together: 

 

http://picosong.com/w3HiG/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, KK said:

Agh, I was just trying to respond to Grey before Loert got in the way :angry:

 

We can repeat Grey’s phrase with each of your phrases, in the order you replied to him!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was a very rude thing to say, Stefan.  Please let these people enjoy their process, and leave them alone if you aren't interested in participating or providing constructive feedback.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Jesus that thread is for autistic nerds!

 

You whine a lot these days. You really do. Like an infant.  People are talking about it. 

45 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I told you stop telling me what or what not to post.

 

 

 

“God! Shut up moooomm! I’m gonna cry if you don’t leave me alone” -  Stefancos, 2017

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Blumenkohl said:

 

You whine a lot these days. You really do. Like an infant.  People are talking about it. 

 

Do I know you? 

 

Oh yeah, one of the ones that left the MB only to return in disgrace. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, KK said:

That whistler is a really cool patch TGP! Could do some neat things with that, I'd imagine.

 

Yesterday was a classical/orchestral day. Today looks very modern indeed! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Soundcloud is a dying platform though, and who knows how much longer it'll last. It's a shame, because it's still the best place to share your music as far as I know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, KK said:

That whistler is a really cool patch TGP! Could do some neat things with that, I'd imagine.

 

The woman of the house did it herself, the actual whistle audio and then some very secret processing that has been kept obscure from me.  But I do think I'll import that final audio into a sampler and map it as a playable pad, now that you mention it.  Might be interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

 

The woman of the house did it herself, the actual whistle audio and then some very secret processing that has been kept obscure from me.  But I do think I'll import that final audio into a sampler and map it as a playable pad, now that you mention it.  Might be interesting.

 

You should let her listen to what I cooked up with her whistle and your arrangement. Maybe subtly hint at a devil’s threesome while she’s listening?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Day 2 – Bladezimmer

In the second day JWFan begins with a traditional touch that recalls Giacchino, before sensual whistles take us into the realm that can only be called Bladezimmer. Today, we made 2.75 minutes of music together. Still ahead of the maestro, John Towner Williams. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I appear to have inadvertently sabotaged my promising new career as a composer on the very first day. Whenever I try to write something new, it's immediately corrupted and overridden in my mind by the theme of "I think you're a dickhead for saying that". It's like Mal in Inception.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Apologies to TGP for changing one note and adding another. The opening scale degrees, 5-4-5, were a cool challenge to work with. I figured it was best if the solution was not an orthodox one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

Well figuring that many of us are probably now in self-isolation, thought it'd be interesting to resurrect this again. I think it might also be interesting to expand everyone's entries beyond the strictly "musical" per se, open this up for all the "non-composers" as well. Your response can be anything from a fugue, to the sound of you flushing your toilet! It'd be neat for all of us to capture and reflect on some of the sounds we're surrounded by in this state. And then string it all together and see what pops up.

 

I know most of us were using picosong last time, but that's down now. I think clyp.it is a good option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, KK said:

Well figuring that many of us are probably now in self-isolation, thought it'd be interesting to resurrect this again. I think it might also be interesting to expand everyone's entries beyond the strictly "musical" per se, open this up for all the "non-composers" as well. Your response can be anything from a fugue, to the sound of you flushing your toilet! It'd be neat for all of us to capture and reflect on some of the sounds we're surrounded by in this state. And then string it all together and see what pops up.

 

I know most of us were using picosong last time, but that's down now. I think clyp.it is a good option.

Thanks for resurrecting this, I have wanted to contribute for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.