Amazon buys up Middle-earth, it searches the One Ring! (Rings of Power news thread)

On 9/18/2019 at 9:07 AM, toothless said:

If Shore is not interested, or not asked to do it or whatever other reason… give it to Bear McCreary then!

You know, I think Bear would actually be a good option. I like his score for GOW, and I guess his hypothetical LOTR score would be just like this. 

But being realistic: they'll go with Jeff Russo instead. :(

3 hours ago, Edmilson said:

You know, I think Bear would actually be a good option. I like his score for GOW, and I guess his hypothetical LOTR score would be just like this. 

But being realistic: they'll go with Jeff Russo instead. :(

His work on Outlander is great too!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Warner, in a statement issued yesterday revealed that they will be producing a spin-off series with Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul's Vince Gilligan in the director's chair on an unspecified "Elf-centric" series. Early reports from the studio insiders have given rumours that have been circulating for the last few weeks that the series will follow the upbringing of the controversial Hobbit character 'Tauriel'. Whether Evangeline Lilly, who portrayed the Elf in Peter Jackson's Hobbit film trilogy will return is uncertain. 

The article was shared via Mark Johnson, former IGN reporter on https://photricity.com/flw/ajax/

Listen, when it comes to scoops and leaks and news I don’t trust Photricity dot com slash eff ell doubleyew slash ajax, but I’m looking to turn a blind eye to that fact if it means Tauriel Returns.

At least the 5 months will give Mr Shore plenty of time to score episodes 1 and 2. As for the rest, well we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

While there's still hope, I'll cling desperately to it.

On 11/22/2019 at 2:24 AM, Arpy said:

I think my Tauriel idea might be good, and of course it would give a great opportunity to explore both the elves and women in Middle-earth.

That's not very Tolkien though.

• 4 weeks later...

He could pull a Solo here and write a couple of themes for the main composer to use.

I think it really speaks to the strength of Shore's thematic architecture that so many of his themes are still applicable even to a story set millennia in the past of Middle Earth: Sauron's theme and a lot of the Mordor material, the Numenore theme, The Weakness arpeggio, the Fall of Men motif, the Rivendell and Lorien material (as they pertain to Elrond and Galadriel) and on and on - could all work for this series.

• 2 weeks later...

Early drafts of The Lord of the Rings (where Arwen went to Helm’s Deep) had her and Aragorn skinny-dip in the Glittering Caves.

There was also going to be more swearing in the films, especially from Gimli. Even in The Desolation of Smaug, Dwalin’s original line for the forges was “these furnaces are colder than a well-digger’s arse.”

So I wouldn’t entirely rule out tits and swearing, either, and I’m fine with that.