La La Land Records Black Friday 2017

Laserschwert

1 hour ago, Bilbo said:

Meh

Based on loads of discussions on this forum here, I've compiled the Top 5 of unannounced titles that are likely to be released next. Yet it happened exactly as predicted:

1. E.T.

2. Close Encounters

The next ones on the list were:

3. The Witches of Eastwick

4. Amistad

5. Harry Potter

Has the JWFan community ever been mistaken?

Really wish I could get CE3K as well but can only afford either it or Titanic and Titanic wins out! 

I'll get it early in the new year. 

Man, they really pull out all the stops for Black Friday! 

Bought Titanic, Apocalypse Now, Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Die Another Day.

I wasn't really planning on getting the last one as the OST was a miserable listening experience but decided to give it another chance given the amount of previously unheard (by me) material as well as me somewhat enjoying all Bond scores by Arnold to some degree. Plus the two most obnoxious things from that original album aren't even on this set. I shouldn't have, given how financially tight December tends to be, but it's one of the those impulsive things you do.

Really excited to hear David Shire's work. I've enjoyed every single thing of his to date and an idea of him tackling a fully electronic score, for this particular film especially, really intrigues me.

Karol

Ordered! (Titanic + CE3K) :)

Hoping it won't take more than a month this time, like JP last year, although that was on the postal service, not LLL (who remain one of the most responsive and uncomplicated shippers I know).

29 minutes ago, Jay said:

Order #138745!

2 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Order #139299

That's well over 500 orders at least in the first half hour.  Very good, very good...

2 minutes ago, ChrisAfonso said:

Ordered! (Titanic + CE3K) :)

Hoping it won't take more than a month this time, like JP last year, although that was on the postal service, not LLL (who remain one of the most responsive and uncomplicated shippers I know).

Their deliveries are even faster than I remember. Used to be exactly a week. These days it tends to be 4 days.

Karol

Just now, Jay said:

That's well over 500 orders at least in the first half hour.  Very good, very good...

the last 4 digits of mine are 8874 and I got my email 11 minutes after 8. Compared to your lower number that's phenomenal how fast they're getting orders! 

Just now, crocodile said:

Their deliveries are even faster than I remember. Used to be exactly a week. These days it tends to be 4 days.

Karol

To the UK? Really? I still think it's closer to 2 weeks for me!

3 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

the last 4 digits of mine are 8874 and I got my email 11 minutes after 8. Compared to your lower number that's phenomenal how fast they're getting orders! 

To the UK? Really? I still think it's closer to 2 weeks for me!

Yeah, if they ship, say, Tuesday I often tend to get them by Saturday morning. Which makes it 3.5 days really. It happened to me quite a few times this year.

And there was this one time that it took over 3 weeks... like Waterworld earlier this year.

Karol

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Jay, I may have missed this clearly stated somewhere, but I get the impression you had some involvement with one of these releases?  Did I totally misunderstand something I glanced over a few days ago?  If not, congratulations!

2 minutes ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Jay, I may have missed this clearly stated somewhere, but I get the impression you had some involvement with one of these releases?  Did I totally misunderstand something I glanced over a few days ago?  If not, congratulations!

Only CE3K - I had absolutely no involvement with any of the others.

16 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Yeah, if they ship, say, Tuesday I often tend to get them by Saturday morning. Which makes it 3.5 days really. It happened to me quite a few times this year.

And there was this one time that it took over 3 weeks... like Waterworld earlier this year.

Karol

Well as long as I have it xmas morning I don't mind.

Can still remember getting the OST on tape for Xmas. Seems a lifetime ago. I can't find it anymore either. I had Titanic, Back to Titanic, and the single. I looked at the weekend and all I could find was the Back to Titanic case! 

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Not in any official capacity - just receive a namecheck in the Special Thanks of ET and CE3K.  I believe I get a more formal credit on a release coming out next year sometime.

Which you can name for us now, right? RIGHT!?

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Not in any official capacity - just receive a namecheck in the Special Thanks of ET and CE3K.  I believe I get a more formal credit on a release coming out next year sometime.

Do you newly have to bear the heavy burden of silence and confidentiality?

14 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Do you newly have to bear the heavy burden of silence and confidentiality?

Newly?  I got a special thanks in the Hook booklet back in 2012!

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Aha, now I understand why you wrote earlier that you already had CE3K! 

Never quite realized how involved you were in all this, Jay. That’s pretty cool.

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Newly?  I got a special thanks in the Hook booklet back in 2012!

So, you were involved in the 2012 Hook release?:angry:

No seriously, this sounds pretty cool. I myself am also involved in such confidential stuff, but I'm not really interested in that stuff, so it is not hard for me to shut my mouth up. If I were you, I would probably be too excited to keep it to myself.:lol:

They didn't actually use the information I provided for Hook, but I got the thanks anyway.  I accept no responsibility for anything on there, I wasn't involved at all!

Someday a proper version will come out, I am sure of it; The MM train is rolling and they seem to be having him go through JW/SS's entire collaboration one by one lately!

24 minutes ago, Jay said:

They didn't actually use the information I provided for Hook, but I got the thanks anyway.  I accept no responsibility for anything on there, I wasn't involved at all!

Someday a proper version will come out, I am sure of it; The MM train is rolling and they seem to be having him go through JW/SS's entire collaboration one by one lately!

A 3CD set would be necessary, wouldn't it? Do you know how many minutes were recorded?

JW/SS and hopefully JW/OS as well as JW/CC.:D

I've ordered Titanic. Really happy about this release finally happening.

No room in the budget for CE3K at this time, unfortunately. Might pick that up somewhere down the road.

3 hours ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

I bought:

Titanic

Close Encounters

Die Another Day

Braveheart

Big Trouble in Little China

The X-Files Season 10

That is an impressive line-up right there.

Only Close Encounters for me this year.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Who said:

When could we expect the titles to arrive? In the us and Europe?

I've never ordered anything from LLL before so this is new...

Unfortunately this time I had a bad experience from LLL when my ET. 2CD set failed to arrive. The've sent a replacement but I'm not waiting so I've ordered it again from SAE with my new bulk order via their  expensive USPS Express Mail.