Incredibles 2 (Brad Bird 2018)

John

Those teaser was an intentionally "gag" teaser, just like any Pixar film. I'm not sure you can get much out of it. I liked it though, and the use of the music was good if you ask me. Can't wait for the sequel too. My most anticipated of the superhero films of 2018.

21 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

That teaser was tame, Fancyarcher. Maybe nice for the toddlers in the audience. 

It's a Pixar / animation teaser. They're usually based around a gag that isn't even in the actual film. The animators do it for "fun". Just depends on your preference I suppose. 

• 2 months later...

Also can we now say the music is iconic and ingrained in popular culture (not quite like star Wars but kinda like star Wars). 

They will use it in trailers and after hearing the first few notes everyone knows its Incredibles.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't wait for this film and will definitely be seeing it in the theater

Will be seeing this Saturday! Can't wait!

A bit terrified, though, mainly because I hold the original in such high esteem to the point that whenever there is a discussion about the best superhero movie ever made, The Incredibles is my answer.

It wasn't as good as the first film, but it was fun and most fans should be happy. And of course, it leaves room open for Incredibles 3.

33 minutes ago, Matt C said:

It wasn't as good as the first film, but it was fun and most fans should be happy. And of course, it leaves room open for Incredibles 3.

What for?  One was enough, really.

20 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I just never understood the appeal of the first film and have zero interest in the sequel. It's ranked at the bottom along with Cars and Good Dinosaur in Pixar's filmography, for me.

Sorry!

Cars is brilliant. 

I really like that this film has more traditional superhero ideas and values. Crime fighting, secret identity, really colorful (the animation is especially gorgeous), and a absurd viewpoint of powers. I thought it handled all those well, along with the family dynamic that made it standout from the other franchise comicbook movies currently. 

I didn't think the villain was as strong as Syndrome from the first, but I did like the motive and idea beyond it, and it led to some great action sequences as well. 

I also really love how they handled Jack Jack's powers. Having Mr. Incredible babysit him, made for some hilarious scenes, and along with Elastigirl's story, changed the dynamic completely from the first. There's a funny Raccoon fight, that especially had my audiences roaring with laughter. 

Maybe not as good as the first, but that's a high bar to reach for me. I thought this was more then a worthy follow-up.

28 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

The original's not among my favorite Pixars, but it's not at the bottom.  Ratatouille on the other hand is my absolute hands-down #1 Pixar.

Ratatouille, Wall-E and Toy Story 3 are probably the top 3 for me, in no particular order. Just depends on my mood!

I've literally watched Ratatouille about a hundred times when my little sister was a baby, and I still think it's a great movie. I've probably intimated here enough that I'm no Giacchino fan, but he did a great job on that one.

Toy Story 3 was one I loved when I saw it in theaters, but rewatching it on home video, I felt like its tone jumped around way too extremely. 

I had no interest in seeing this until a friend begged me to, as I'm rather indifferent to the original. Whether or not this one will leave a stronger impression, I can't say. But for now...

ELASTIGIRL

HERE COMES ELASTIGIRL

STRETCHING HER ARMS

ELASTIGIRL

(The score was AWESOME!)