Where can I buy the Tintin soundtrack? It's sould out everywhere.

Jurassic Shark

21 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Amazon? EBay?

This.

It is a bit surprising Sony let this one go OOP, but its really not hard to find OOP soundtracks for sale online

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005KWAWJ2

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xtintin+soundtrac.TRS0&_nkw=tintin+soundtrack&_sacat=0

2 hours ago, Jay said:

This.

It is a bit surprising Sony let this one go OOP, but its really not hard to find OOP soundtracks for sale online

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005KWAWJ2

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xtintin+soundtrac.TRS0&_nkw=tintin+soundtrack&_sacat=0

Let me rephrase my question: I'm looking for a site where I can buy the soundtrack new and at a reasonable price, with a reasonable shipping charge to Europe.

The disc is out of print, so you're out of luck.  Unless you watch those sites like a hawk for a good price and get really, really lucky, you'll have to compromise on either 1) price or 2) "new" status.  Or buy it digitally.

11 minutes ago, mstrox said:

The disc is out of print, so you're out of luck.  Unless you watch those sites like a hawk for a good price and get really, really lucky, you'll have to compromise on either 1) price or 2) "new" status.  Or buy it digitally.

I just found it for $14.99 on one of the sites I go to for classical music.

This is extremely sad, and a great hassle for those who didn't pick it up upon release. I think it's a rule I've set myself of late, especially for the ill-fated films that Michael Giacchino scores, to buy it as soon as possible. Some gems like The Incredibles and John Carter are those that slipped through my fingers.

Luckily this was one of those scores I wanted when it came out but for Jurassic Shark here, the scores have gone the way of the dinosaurs: extinct. 

4 hours ago, Arpy said:

This is extremely sad, and a great hassle for those who didn't pick it up upon release. I think it's a rule I've set myself of late, especially for the ill-fated films that Michael Giacchino scores, to buy it as soon as possible. Some gems like The Incredibles and John Carter are those that slipped through my fingers.

Luckily this was one of those scores I wanted when it came out but for Jurassic Shark here, the scores have gone the way of the dinosaurs: extinct. 

I actually considered buying it a few years ago when it was on sale at Amazon. But I didn't particularly like it back then - I needed to listen to it more on Spotify before appreciating it. And it probably helped on the appreciation to see the movie.

The fact that Sony is not manufacturing new batches of the Tintin album could mean that an expanded release is on its way. Why should a score wait until it's old to get that treatment? Another possibility is that the album will be rereleased when another Tintin movie comes out.

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

The fact that Sony is not manufacturing new batches of the Tintin album could mean that an expanded release is on its way. Why should a score wait until it's old to get that treatment? Another possibility is that the album will be rereleased when another Tintin movie comes out.

No, it absolutely doesn't mean that.  Soundtracks - heck, albums by "regular" recording artists - go Out of Print all the time, especially now as CDs are dying and everything is shifting towards permanent digital availability and physical vinyl availability.  This is just the world we live in now, CDs don't stay in print forever.  Sony would be losing money to keep this in print, not making money.

1 hour ago, Josh500 said:

I'm pretty sure this one's oop only temporarily. It'll be back in print soon.

Nope, its done.

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Why should a score wait until it's old to get that treatment?

I don't know the exact specifics of it, but scores recorded under Hollywood union rules are much more expensive to release within the first 10-15 years of recording.  LLL commented on this quite a few years ago on FSM.  Scores recorded in London, Prague, etc. don't fall under the same rules.

12 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Maybe CDs are generally being phased out, especially CDs that aren't bestsellers. Digitally it'll be available for a long time to come.

Absolutely, yes.  Sony has 0 reasons to stop making any of the JW soundtracks they own available digitally.

20 minutes ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

Maybe they're preparing a USB version.

In high-res 128kbs...

12 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I don't know the exact specifics of it, but scores recorded under Hollywood union rules are much more expensive to release within the first 10-15 years of recording.  LLL commented on this quite a few years ago on FSM.  Scores recorded in London, Prague, etc. don't fall under the same rules.

Then we can soon have expanded releases of Catch me if You Can, The Terminal, and Minority Report!

31 minutes ago, Jay said:

No, it absolutely doesn't mean that.  Soundtracks - heck, albums by "regular" recording artists - go Out of Print all the time, especially now as CDs are dying and everything is shifting towards permanent digital availability and physical vinyl availability.  This is just the world we live in now, CDs don't stay in print forever.  Sony would be losing money to keep this in print, not making money.

Of course they let albums go OOP if there's no demand; that's how it's always been. But the Tintin soundtrack seems to still be in high demand on CD.

14 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

I still haven't bought Lincoln and the Book Thief. I hope those don't go OOP too.

You should definitely buy them as soon as possible.

34 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

But the Tintin soundtrack seems to still be in high demand on CD.

There's not a chance it is.  Compared to all music Sony sells, its probably one of their least selling titles.  Film scores are an incredibly, incredibly tiny niche market in the grand scheme of all music for sale.

6 hours ago, Arpy said:

I picked up the Incredibles in HMV in Dublin around 2 years ago. Is it really hard to find?

35 minutes ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

I picked up the Incredibles in HMV in Dublin around 2 years ago. Is it really hard to find?

Ireland is another planet!

24 minutes ago, Jay said:

The Incredibles, John Carter, and Tomorrowland are all out of print.  Ratatouille is still in print.

I know, and it's strange. Tomorrowland went out of print in less than a year did it not?

4 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

All of you guys pining for these CDs need to ask yourselves one thing... does it really matter whether you download the music from a piece of plastic or a computer?

CD's are collectors items!

14 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Why would you wait so long?

Well, i was interested more in the limited editions from the specialty labels.

I didn't think those would some time go OOP since they are not limited.

And these last years whenever I have money to spare, I buy Blurays.