Black Sunday - worth obtaining?

Jurassic Shark

While we're nearing Black Friday, I found it fitting to give Black Sunday another listen on Spotify. :D I've found it offered for an OK price at a Scandinavian music store, but I'm not sure I think it's an essential JW score. What do you think?

PS: I'm not a completist - I only buy soundtracks I'm actually going to listen to.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

45 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

While we're nearing Black Friday, I found it fitting to give Black Sunday another listen on Spotify. :D I've found it offered for an OK price at a Scandinavian music store, but I'm not sure I think it's an essential JW score. What do you think?

PS: I'm not a completist - I only buy soundtracks I'm actually going to listen to.

A Scandinavian music store offering the FSM release? Which one?

Yes, I think it's worth obtaining. Not all of the music is equally exciting, but the fugue stuff and some of those jagged 70s paranoia elements are well worth having. The old Silva suite was representative of the score, but now that it has its own soundtrack, I'd recommend it. A somewhat different side of Williams.

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

A Scandinavian music store offering the FSM release? Which one?

Yes, I think it's worth obtaining. Not all of the music is equally exciting, but the fugue stuff and some of those jagged 70s paranoia elements are well worth having. The old Silva suite was representative of the score, but now that it has its own soundtrack, I'd recommend it. A somewhat different side of Williams.

Here it is:

https://www.imusic.dk/cd/0638558027929/o-s-t-2010-black-sunday-compact-disc

I've registered you're a JW completist, so I would be surprised if you did not recommend the score. :D

15 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Here it is:

https://www.imusic.dk/cd/0638558027929/o-s-t-2010-black-sunday-compact-disc

I've registered you're a JW completist, so I would be surprised if you did not recommend the score. :D

He's a completist ... in a certain way.

I would recommend it. Period.

Well, for me the cases "unreleased" scores is particular.

When I write "unreleased", I mean of course, unreleased at the time of the movie release.

There are now a couple of UFOS like this in John Williams's discography... Are they all of the same valor or interest?  Well, that's a matter of taste.

But knowing that "Black Sunday" can still be found at 19,99 $USD, it's tempting.