Recently Purchased Video Games

Jay

Nintendo is having a big sale in their eStore so I picked up these three titles I've had my eye on for a while for a grand total of 15 bucks

Switch_GatoRoboto_box_eShop.png Switch_FlippingDeath_box_eShop.png Switch_Runbow_box_eShop.png

On 4/8/2020 at 4:53 PM, gkgyver said:

Recommend me some Nintendo e Store hidden gems. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've rented the 2016 Doom. I was interested on playing Doom Eternal after I saw some videos, but my brother conviced me to play the 2016 one before the sequel, which makes sense (lol).

So far so good.

• 4 weeks later...

The Nintendo Switch eShop is having a HUGE sale with almost every title you've ever heard of on some kind of discount.  I picked up a bunch of stuff I have wanted to get but hadn't yet

w500.png w500.png (319×305) w500.png w500.png

The backlog, it grows and grows....

Mario 3D Land

Luigi's Mansion 3

Mario Maker 2

Jedi Academy

Hollow Knight

Cadence of Hyrule

Mario Kart 7

The Clone Wars

Bounty Hunter

Starfighter

Jedi Starfighter

Battlefront II (2005)

Revenge of the Sith

The Force Unleashed I and II

Mechwarrior 2 (PS1)

Spider-Man (PS1)

2 hours ago, Jay said:

The Nintendo Switch eShop is having a HUGE sale with almost every title you've ever heard of on some kind of discount.  I picked up a bunch of stuff I have wanted to get but hadn't yet

The backlog, it grows and grows....

Inside is superb. Best experienced in one sitting, it’s about 2.5 to 3 hours long. 

Yup been wanting to play it forever, it was never on sale any time I looked until now

Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection (Second time buying this, going to give it a proper go this time. Think I dismissed it too quickly last time). 

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition. See what the fuss is about. 

Ghost of Tsushima (Pre-order). Looks great. 

The Last of Us Part II should arrive on Friday. I ordered the branded Gold headphones too but I don't think they're going to arrive until next week. I fully intend to spend the weekend getting traumatised by the game. Being replaying the first today. I finished Red Dead 2 on Sunday and I don't want to start a new game before Friday so...

I bought the Curse of the Pharaos DLC for AC Origins 60% off

I want to buy Ashen (souls like game)  but it's never on sale

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

Read Blume's post in the coronavirus thread and discovered the Deus Ex series, all of them, are on sale for $10.60 USD. Sold.

I've never played the ones pre Human Revolution.

Did you buy them as discs or on GOG? 

34 minutes ago, King Mark said:

I that some sort of new RPG ?

It’s my 4th copy of Skyrim. 

OG PS3. Legendary Edition PS3 (it was easier buy this physically than download the DLCs at the time and it was actually cheap). Special edition PS4. And now Switch. 

I’m considering a PS VR headset and will probably buy Skyrim for that too.

I hate myself. 

6 hours ago, who cares said:

Did you buy them as discs or on GOG? 

Oh whoops I forgot to clarify that this was on Steam.

I need to download mods because holy crap I can't see a single thing in the original, even with brightness all the way up.

22 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

Oh whoops I forgot to clarify that this was on Steam.

I need to download mods because holy crap I can't see a single thing in the original, even with brightness all the way up.

I don’t know why I thought he was talking to me. I look like a right gobshite now! (More than usual)

2 hours ago, Bilbo said:

The current headset will work with the PS5 though apparently. 

Yes but newer games might not work on the older headset. It’s best to wait if you’re looking to future proof. Also the current model price will drop dramatically I’m sure. But if that doesn’t matter to you I’d at least wait until Black Friday for a good bundle. 

Finally picked New Mario&Luigi U Deluxe and Crafted World since I finally found them for 40 bucks

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - Nintendo Switch - Standard ... March Fantasy Pre-Orders

Picked up for five bucks:

image?w=240&h=240&bg_color=000000&opacit

That's Castlevania: Rondo of Blood and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (two entries I've never played since i was a Nintendo kid) together in one title.  $2.50 each!

it's still on sale until the end of the day: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0101-CUSA13434_00-CASTLEVANIA00001

I'm really looking forward to finally checking out Symphony of the Night, as I know it and Super Metroid are the two titles that people say is the reason the metroidvania genre is called that, and metroidvanias are probably my favorite genres of games right now (and Super Metroid is one of my favorite games of all time)

Woah!  And FINALLY my waiting was worth it, Bloodstained is on sale at Best Buy for twenty bucks so I finally picked that up

Nescafe Rituales Ideas en Mercado Libre México

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-nintendo-switch/6346504.p?skuId=6346504

I've actually completed 3 games recently and intent to write about them soon!

Super Mario Bros U Deluxe and Yoshi's Crafted World arrived yesterday.  That was not. 

• 2 weeks later...

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove physical edition (that's Shovel of Hope AND Plague of Shadows AND Specter of Torment AND King of Cards AND Shovel Knight Showdown all on one Switch cartridge) is being sold by Target for $30 so I finally picked this game up

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - Nintendo Switch : Target

That Shovel Knight I ordered from Target Monday morning was in my mailbox when I got home on Tuesday.  Crazy fast

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's not unprecedented at all, they did the same thing for Mario's 25th in 2010

Super Mario All Stars DVD NTSC Custom F | Wii Covers | Cover Century | Over  500.000 Album Art covers for free

as well as The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition on DSiWare for Zelda's 25th in 2011

Five Nintendo eShop Titles Reach A Million Downloads – My Nintendo News

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition - Zelda Wiki

I'm sure they'll have some limited edition thing for Zelda's 35th next year

Maybe a collection of Oracles of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, and Minish Cap?  Unless they are using the Link's Awakening engine/artstyle and doing remakes of those

These were limited digitally as well? It doesn’t make sense to me to release a game for only 6 months, never to be bought again in any capacity. Clearly trying to bump end of fiscal year sales. I’m sure once it “sells out” it’ll be available again. Just like that Wii game you mentioned. Nintendo’s notorious for artificial demand. 

That Mario All Stars for Wii was a limited time physical release

That Zelda Four Swords Anniversary Edition was a digital-only release for DSIWare that was only available for a limited time.  It's been literally impossible to legally purchase for 9 years now

• 2 weeks later...

My Mario 3D All Stars has not arrived yet, but Best Buy says it shipped, but can't provide me with a tracking number