THE LAST JEDI - Target-Exclusive OST Album

Jay

5 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

No emboss, no deal.

I might just have to stick with mp3s as there doesn’t seem to be anyone offering a decent level of emboss. 

4 hours ago, Not Mr. Big said:

Attack of the Clones had different covers but for some reason, the only one I could ever find was this hideous thing (except for the time I found and bought one with the much better theatrical poster)

61bhXJ+YB8L.jpg

Chamber of Secrets had 4 different covers as well!

I got the Episode II cover of the theatrical poster.

I love that they put out multiple covers then asked consumers to collect them all! Who's going to buy dozens of copies just for a different insert? 

The biggest question for TLJ will be how many layers of reality are the covers embossed on?

It's pretty sad a lot of other composers scores are getting Deluxe 2 c.d. sets right away and for us it's still like were in 2002 with alternate covers and screen savers

It is largely due to Williams' own disinterest to see more than a single CD's worth of music released. I doubt the record label would say no especially in the case of Star Wars.

I vaguely remember Williams saying back in 2002 in an interview concerning AotC that he might consider releasing more music (perhaps even a complete score) if the medium came along that could accomodate it, meaning a single disc (or other format) that could hold 2 hours of music. But I think he wasn't being serious as he knew he wouldn't have to bother when CD was still the major physical release format. :P

Stefan and I were discussing this the other day: either we started posting in 1999 or 2000.... Either way; it’s been almost half of my life..!

39 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I was 14, and I made the time to join JWFAN in 1999!  What’s your excuse!?

I didn't have the internet in '99!  My household didn't have the internet until 2001.  And then I was too busy using Xanga and MySpace because it's where all the high school girls congregated ;) 

18 hours ago, El Jefe said:

This brings back memories of 2002 and members panicking, trying to figure out where to grab AOTC releases.

Oh yes. I was a sophomore in high school and heard (what I assume was) the world premiere of Across The Stars via a radio program playing through Real Player (One). I’ll never forget that moment, it absolutely gave me chills.  To this day I never tire of it.  I’m probably the only person who has AotC as their favorite SW score.  

I’m sure there’s some explanation behind why music that you discover in your formative years tends to stick with you through life over everything else. 

I spent my first couple of online years on another forum (Empireonline) and didn't think to look up John Williams fan communities till 2005. I was stupidly eager back then (becoming jaded and disenfranchised with movie music was still years away), and I amassed probably half my post count in the first three years of tenure here. 

I was 18 and still very much in the grip of "WTF this John Williams guy who did Jurassic Park two years ago was also the same bloke who did the music for Star Wars, Jaws, ET, Raiders, Superman, Close Encounters, Hook, Lost in Space and Land of the Giants?!" mania. 

Yq0Dld4.gif

I was -2. I only started getting into the internet around 2007-2008 (The Golden Age of Youtube!) and one of the first things I was obsessed with were this tribute medley:

and of course these silly Goldentusk parodies:

I didn't even know ANY English at the time, but I watched them every day. Got to know a lot of movie themes years before I ever saw them. Favourite was the BTTF song by John Williams!!!

4 hours ago, Quintus said:

I spent my first couple of online years on another forum (Empireonline) and didn't think to look up John Williams fan communities till 2005

I actually discovered this place Googling a question about the bonus FOTR track that appeared on TTT soundtrack. In fact Quintus you were the first person to welcome me to the board. :lovethis:

4 hours ago, Quintus said:

I was stupidly eager back then (becoming jaded and disenfranchised with movie music was still years away), and I amassed probably half my post count in the first three years of tenure here. 

Ah, so you're like a preview of how Disco Stu will be in ten years!

27 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

I actually discovered this place Googling a question about the bonus FOTR track that appeared on TTT soundtrack. In fact Quintus you were the first person to welcome me to the board. :lovethis:

Ah, so you're like a preview of how Disco Stu will be in ten years!

Oh Stu has divorce and remarriage while at JWFan all to come yet ;)

2 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Pretty varied age range around here! I wonder who the youngest and oldest is.

Is William still the youngest? Wonder if anybody younger has joined and posts regularly. 

I seem to remember there's someone here (or maybe a few) who got into Williams pre-Jaws. Not sure if they'd even necessarily be the oldest, though.