James Horner's TITANIC (2017 4CD expanded edition from La-La Land Records)

Jay

6 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

I'm not doing that for JP I and II. Maybe for Harry Potter or Star Wars prequels or Hook, we'll see. And I live in Europe, the shipping fees are insane.

How do you began to prostitute yourself?

- "Well, I'm a JW completist."

If only I didn't detest the love theme I might be excited for this one. Thanks Celine Dion.

3 hours ago, Incanus said:

If only I didn't detest the love theme I might be excited for this one.

My gripe is that it feels like a pastiche of Horner's own Braveheart, which I know James Cameron very much enjoyed. It has the same celtic vibe (even though the story doesn't suggest it), the same lineup (uileann pipes, tin whistle, boy choir) and even a very similar-sounding melody.

22 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

My gripe is that it feels like a pastiche of Horner's own Braveheart, which I know James Cameron very much enjoyed. It has the same celtic vibe (even though the story doesn't suggest it), the same lineup (uileann pipes, tin whistle, boy choir) and even a very similar-sounding melody.

You get a like for knowing they're not bagpipes! 

Just now, Orgasm[+]Donor. said:

Cant believe what I'm reading, people complaining about celine dion not being in the set while for the past 20 years they ve been saying it was everywhere. The amount of ungratefulness here is beyond imagination.

I know, it's not like a multitude of versions available in two clicks!

Screen_Shot_2017-11-26_at_11_50_38.png

And again if you don't like this score you are not forced to post in this topic. We have now more that we could have ever imagined 10 years ago and complaints are increasing like never before. A great metaphore of our modern society, we have everything and yet we are very ungrateful.

30 minutes ago, Orgasm[+]Donor. said:

Cant believe what I'm reading, people complaining about celine dion not being in the set while for the past 20 years they ve been saying it was everywhere. The amount of ungratefulness here is beyond imagination.

I haven’t seen that in this thread.  I’ve seen reasonable discussion.

3 hours ago, Orgasm[+]Donor. said:

And again if you don't like this score you are not forced to post in this topic. We have now more that we could have ever imagined 10 years ago and complaints are increasing like never before. A great metaphore of our modern society, we have everything and yet we are very ungrateful.

Bad ungrateful me!

4 hours ago, Orgasm[+]Donor. said:

Well said!

1 hour ago, MikeH said:

from Mike Matessino:

There is about 90 minutes of previously unreleased score on this edition. It's so far beyond the original album and the music as edited for the film that this is really its own thing, with, as was indicated, little point to crowding up the track list with all the asterisks.

90 minutes? :blink:

Karol

2 hours ago, MikeH said:

from Mike Matessino:

There is about 90 minutes of previously unreleased score on this edition. It's so far beyond the original album and the music as edited for the film that this is really its own thing, with, as was indicated, little point to crowding up the track list with all the asterisks.

Awesome!

9 hours ago, Orgasm[+]Donor. said:

If Intrada reissued the Rambo scores without the songs, that would be an instant buy for me!

6 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Okay, decision made: Titanic will be ordered without Jurassic Park. And no regrets.

No regrets - because you will never know what you miss.

2 hours ago, crocodile said:

90 minutes? :blink:

Karol

We've just got the complete Titanic score and now you've replaced your James-Horner-holding-two-Oscars-avatar!?

9 hours ago, crocodile said:

Are you getting this set by the way? Or is it a definite pass?

Even putting all aesthetic misgivings aside, the big problem is that i hate the two main themes with a passion. The one for the ship you rarely get without the awful fake choir syncopations.So i can't be arsed.

26 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

You just don't get it, pub.

The fake choir was a brilliant idea to convey the ethereal beauty of the ship and the otherworldliness aspect of the love story at hand. Or some shit like that.

I agree with Bloodboal, 100%!

Just now, publicist said:

It's not me who has to shell out 50$ for this sucker, so no complaints.

Then why are you still here? We get it, you have no interest in this release. Cool story bro!

No! December did not need to become any more expensive for me! :'(

VERY curious to hear this and I'll be putting my order in tomorrow night. Titanic might have been one of the first times I noticed how different the music was when comparing the film to the CD. It'll be great to finally hear what James Horner actually wrote and intended (synth choir and all as unfortunate as I've always found that choice).

It'll also be nice to hear it with decent sound having long lost my CD and the streaming versions sounding horribly compressed and full of distortion.

On 27.11.2017 at 9:14 AM, publicist said:

It's not me who has to shell out 50$ for this sucker, so no complaints.

Why not? Buy it now and sell it for much more when it's OOP :D

Having listened to these samples I know that I won't give this score another chance. Why must it be so over the top cheesy and synthy?

Maybe I'll try in 5 years again. For all fans of this score: Enjoy!