David Arnold's DIE ANOTHER DAY - NEW! 2CD Complete La-La Land Edition

Jay

20 hours ago, Jay said:

One of my ultimate holy grails is a truly complete and properly assembled Tomorrow Never Dies by David Arnold.  I hope that one's possible.

The World is Not Enough by David Arnold would be nice too, since there was never a session leak or bootleg or iso score or anything for that one.

All the other Arnold/Bond ones are complete or very nearly complete. Yet for some reason those 3 MP3's from Arnold's site in the 00's are all the extra's we ever got from TWINE. 

Well if you look at it another way, DAD is the only one that had a session leak/bootleg of any kind; All the extra material we have from everything else was released officially

TND : Isolated score & expanded  Chapter III CD

CR : ITunes bonus tracks

QOS : Wasn't there an extra cue released online somewhere?

1 minute ago, Jay said:

QOS : Wasn't there an extra cue released online somewhere?

The end credits piece was released on iTunes. The arrangement of the Bond theme from the end credits wasnt though. I assume that's sourced from the blu-ray, because it is out there. Otherwise only a short cue for the bar shootout is missing from Arnolds score.

Anyway I just listened to this great podcast interview with Neil about this release, well worth a listen!

http://jamesbondradio.com/die-another-day-expanded-soundtrack-neil-s-bulk-interview-music-bond-012/

It's actually a really nice interview.  The first half is kind of getting to know Neil talk mixed with general James Bond / James Bond music talk, and the second half is all about the new DAD album.  Its pretty cool how it all came together, from the political side of getting the rights, to the elements side to getting proper mixes to recreate from those elements.

Here's hoping more Bond scores are in the works, but they do make it quite clear in this interview this was able to happen because LLL had a good relationship with both Warner Brothers Records and MGM the film studio.  

I don't think any other Bond OST albums are owned by Warner Records, right?

I was talking about Warner Brothers Records, not Warner the film studio.  Two completely separate entities that share a name and logo.

9 hours ago, Stefancos said:

All the other Arnold/Bond ones are complete or very nearly complete. Yet for some reason those 3 MP3's from Arnold's site in the 00's are all the extra's we ever got from TWINE. 

Yep, I spent time some a while back trying to find a copy of Snow Business that sounded better than the copy from his site. I'd probably buy an expansion.

I'm sure I read somewhere a suggestion that Arnold was unhappy with the album assembly he was asked to do for DAD (focusing on the more electronic cues) and leaked the sessions. Could explain why it's his only Bond score with such a leak.

Interesting.  Could explain why he had prepared "orchestra only" versions of cues for Neil to rebuild too.

13 hours ago, Jay said:

Interesting.  Could explain why he had prepared "orchestra only" versions of cues for Neil to rebuild too.

I thought it was the other way around?

In the quote in your post on the last page Neil says that DA provided the music with the synth mixed in and told Neil that was how he wanted it

I wasn't talking about the main program.  I was talking about the "orchestra only" bonus tracks.

You seem to be picking apart everything I post lately.  I'm growing weary of it.

15 minutes ago, Jay said:

Which one?

I believe its called BLADES. It underscores the sword fight, at the Gentlemen's Club.

I love how the "clink-clank" sound of the swords rise and fall in pitch, keeping pace with the music. It's all planned, of course, but it sounds great.

What ever happened to David Arnold? I really liked his Bond scores as well as Independence Day. Has he retired? Doesn’t seem like he’s hired to do big movies anymore 

5 hours ago, natedog said:

What ever happened to David Arnold? I really liked his Bond scores as well as Independence Day. Has he retired? Doesn’t seem like he’s hired to do big movies anymore 

Him and another dude scored all 4 seasons of Sherlock, the BBC show with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman

• 3 months later...

I'm confused about the "film version" cues on this release.  I can tell you right now, the "Hovercraft Chase (film version)" track is not that cue as heard in the film.

Also, this thread was difficult to track down.  I think the dumb forum software must deny searches with the word "die" in them or something.  So stupid.

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 7.45.26 PM.png

• 4 months later...

The mySQL backend apparently can't support 3-character-long words as search terms.  I've asked Andreas to look into fixing it, but nothing yet.

• 1 year later...
9 minutes ago, Maglorfin said:

This bump/thread reminds me - so when are we getting the 2 CD LLL edition of Tomorrow Never Dies?! :whistle:

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28592-david-arnold-teases-upcoming-tomorrow-never-dies-expanded-release/&do=findComment&comment=1632881

• 2 months later...

There wasn't any announcement that I know of, but when you sort LLL's entire catalog alphabetically, Die Another Day isn't listed anymore. Weird.

MV mentioned somewhere on FSM they are having glitches with their website, sounds like they are looking for a new webmaster

It means they sold every copy they had, and will put it back up for sale again when they order then receive more copies from the pressing plant