JP: Operation Genesis Soundtrack Petition

Hello to all the John Williams fans out there, recently the video game "Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis" has been released and as some have noticed it has an amazing soundtrack. In an attempt to get the soundtrack released officially I've put together a petition to try and persuade Universal Studios. The composer of the soundtrack himself commented that it'd possibly work with a good number of signatures and that's where you come in, we need all the help we can get so please sign this petition and help out fellow fans of the wonderful music Williams created and other fine composers are expanding upon. (Some of you may recall the soundtrack to The Lost World Playstation game was released, so it has happened before)

ogpet.gif

(please, don't ruin it by being immature, if you don't think it's a worthwhile idea then don't bother mentioning it here)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a nice idea, but why have I ever heard somebody about release of the entire Jurassic Park score?? I think it's one of Williams' best and I personally would rather have al the unreleased music from this movie than the music from the game.

MSM

a complete Jurassic Park? you mean, as in having to pay the orchestra and the re-release fees to give geeky fans 10 more minutes of music? Yeah, that's happening.

Now The Lost World -- THAT's a whole different matter. Couldn't at least they freaking put it in chrono order?

Hey guys, what abput starting a petition here, for the complete scores from the movies?

At this time,a more usefull and well timed petition would be for the Complete Indy Scores.

K.M.who can live without the 10 minutes missing from the JP c.d.

Thank you to anyone that has signed... :)

I signed too..... when you posted at spielbergfilms.com :|

Now The Lost World -- THAT's a whole different matter. Couldn't at least they freaking put it in chrono order?

You would buy the CD again if it were released in chrono order!!?? :music:

a complete Jurassic Park? you mean, as in having to pay the orchestra and the re-release fees to give geeky fans 10 more minutes of music? Yeah, that's happening.

10 more minutes!? LISTEN to the movie and hear a lot of music which has not been released! I would pay for it having it released!!!

Agree with you about TLW. At least they could release a normal package with track times and info about the recording. :mrgreen:

I think they will re-release the Indy scores as soon as the new movie will be in theaters. At least, that's what I am hoping for since I am under the impression that the originals are extremely hard to get....

MSM

10 more minutes!? LISTEN to the movie and hear a lot of music which has not been released! I would pay for it having it released!!!

The following cues from the film are missing from the official Jurassic Park CD (The titles and times are taken from Chris Chrushercomix's boot -a complete track list can be found on the 'sticky' topic at the top of the Trading Board and on Markus Hable's website:

http://mahawa.jw-music.net/scores/jurassic_set.htm

- Mining For Amber And Bones (1:12)

- Hammond's Proposition (0:48)

- Mr. DNA (2:29)

- 'You've Bred Raptors!' (0:30)

- Timmy & Lex Meet Alan Grant (1:27)

- Storm Clouds (1:19)

- 'Bring Back My Grandchildren!'* (1:11)

- The Great T-Rex Chase (1:36)

- System Ready (0:48)

These two tracks contain a few seconds of unreleased music:

- Incident At Isla Nublar

- Clever Girl

Making a total of 12 minutes of unreleased music.

Haha thanks Dinosaur!

I think there's more music missing, for example the music heard when the guests are getting into the cars for the ride.

Moreover, I bet John Williams wrote a lot more music for JP which didn't make it to the movie, that music I would like having too!

MSM

Moreover, I bet John Williams wrote a lot more music for JP which didn't make it to the movie, that music I would like having too!

MSM

A lot of times this is really neat, like having a few alternate versions of cues that were written but not used in the movies. Like the alternate version of "Return of the Jedi" from the movie of the same name (the cue where Luke and friends blow up the Khetanna, Jabba's sail barge). That alternate version is on both the 1993 and 1997 soundtrack releases, and has also been used in a few Star Wars games from LucasArts.

But that doesn't always mean you're gonna get a decent of music that was written just not used. That's often akin to asking for an author's rough drafts of a novel, or a painter's scribble pads. It'd be nice, but not always gonna happen.

The following cues from the film are missing from the official Jurassic Park CD (The titles and times are taken from Chris Chrushercomix's boot -a complete track list can be found on the 'sticky' topic at the top of the Trading Board and on Markus Hable's website:  

A few questions about Crushercomix's bootleg:

Why does "Between a Truck and a Long Fall" come before "Bring Back My Grandchildren", as in the film the former follows the latter? (to the benefit of the listening experience? ;) )

What exactly is the "Raptors in the Shed" cue? It says unreleased and unused, but if it were both, then where did he get it? Or is this the úsed cue from the film with some of the same music as in "T-Rex Rescue / Finale"?

Greetings,

Lotman