How do you show your appreciation for John Williams?

TheGreaterBois

Sounds like the beginning of a prophecy of doom:

When the sky doth chime with MEMES and the death star of JOHN WILLIAMS hangs above thee, verily then thou shalt know that the end is nigh!

With this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Williams_discography

And this: http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/music/disco/albums.htm

Honestly, I didn't know it would be so hard work and I didn't saw "the return of LPs" when I started 3 years ago, in 2015.

But, now I'm pretty satisfied with the result.

I wanted the discography on my website to be as comprehensive as possible, and I really think it's a usefull tool for anyone who wants to dig deeper in JW's huge discography.

I also have a bilingual FB page of the same name than my website.

Promote the music and the discography of John Williams. I do (and on many forums, not just here).

35 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Promote the music and the discography of John Williams. I do (and on many forums, not just here).

Ah c'est toi aussi sur underscore !

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

Man, I think this is just what happens to JWFan as we get close to a new Star Wars score.  They come out of the woodwork!

You said it. Bizarro-people arise!

I play his music, I try to spread it at work. His music that is. Seem to recall when I was trying to shift a spare copy of Force Awakens, that my Star Wars nut friend at work wasn't keen. I said, but it's the music that makes it what it is. No dice. I remember trying to get my Dad to listen to Williams, he's a big John Barry fan and wasn't keen on trying something non-JB. Then the other month told that he listened to Saving Private Ryan and was surprised it didn't 'sound the same as most of JW's work'. So...well, yeah. 

While I'm drawing and listening, during the epic or quiet but powerful segments, rising my hands and conducting. Orr clanking teeth with the tone of the music.

I've played some of his music as encore after a piano recital. People usually don't know what to say when it turns out it was Harry Potter or Star Wars and not, let's say, Rachmaninov :)

2 hours ago, Remco said:

I've played some of his music as encore after a piano recital. People usually don't know what to say when it turns out it was Harry Potter or Star Wars and not, let's say, Rachmaninov :)

He's kind of boring sometimes anyway.

My Korean freshmen students recently had to deliver a short 5-minute informative presentation on either a person, place, product, thing, or event. A week before their presentations, I gave a little model demonstration and choose John Williams as my topic. Wasn't trying to win him any new fans or anything. I just asked myself, "If I was a student and asked to do such a presentation, what would my topic be?". I enjoyed putting it together. Pretty short and sweet, and not all that in depth. Just wanted to include assessment items to help guide the students as they began preparing theirs. 

4 hours ago, Bryant Burnette said:

I buy his albums and then listen to them.  And I fight through the incessant bullshit that is jwfan.com, panning for occasional nuggets of gold.

John Williams' darkness - awesome thread!

3 hours ago, Arpy said:

I'm on a forum devoted to him and his music and Tolkien. Sometimes Star Trek.

I think, we should have a Jerry Goldsmith subforum - so the forum at jerrygoldsmithonline.com could be dumped.

32 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

How do I show my appreciation? Make a melody out of his name using a musical "alphabet" and make it into a theme that has CE3K vibes (in honor of today's release!):

John_Williams_-_Musical_Spelling_04_with

Audio here:

http://picosong.com/wFCHw

This sounds truly great! Develop it to a 5 minute piece, please!