Do you compose your own music?

Jurassic Shark

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

I probably said it in the other thread as well, but no -- I don't compose music. But I'd like too. Especially electronic music, an idea which I've been toying with for many years.

Do it!

4 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Remote Control Productions, formerly known as Media Ventures a.k.a. The Zimmer Factory a.k.a. The Land Of Shadow.

Ah, I didn't know the Evil Empire had changed its name.

But their presence only makes it more important to write proper music!

Yes, every now and then since I'm twelve years old. But it's hard to convert every melody and motif in your head to a proper composition, when your technical musical knowledge is mostly based on listening closely to existing music.

On 11/28/2017 at 11:51 AM, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Why bother writing music.  Music is dead.  Too much RCP stuff.  I remember 1986.  Ah....

The era that let Shore, Horner, Young, and Goldenthal start careers and move rapidly into major projects is certainly far-removed from today's atmosphere.

There are many talented composers starting out today getting their careers boosted into gear by generous members of the older generation, including the - wrongly - much maligned head of RCP.  The atmosphere is quite the same.  The styles are different, but in the right hands, no less capable of greatness.

And you do know my earlier post you liked was in jest, yes?

8 hours ago, Glóin the Dark said:

I've been a composer for the past five weeks, or at least for an hour or two out of them. Here's my complete oovruh:

One

I Think You're a Dickhead for Saying That

I Agree with Disco Stu

Mangelwurzel 13

I like Stu's theme :)

1 minute ago, karelm said:

I'm a composer and the guy who wrote that song that goes "da daa da dum dum da daaaaa dum".

No way! That's my favourite song!

17 hours ago, Glóin the Dark said:

This is eerie, man.   What the fuck?

THIS IS THE EXACT MUSIC THAT HAS BEEN PLAYING INSIDE MY HEAD ON A LOOP SINCE BIRTH.  It has made me the man I am today.

9 hours ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

It also does if you edit your post after the fact.  And even then I'm not sure what the hell you're on about.

Yes, I edited the post for your convenience. I was implying you've realized that the music from RCP is crap. :)

On 29/11/2017 at 3:51 AM, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Why bother writing music.  Music is dead.  Too much RCP stuff.  I remember 1986.  Ah....

Many career journalists are ditching the profession enmasse and opting instead for 'social media manager' roles, due to frustation that people simply aren't reading articles anymore and instead just glance the headline and image, then write angry comments on what they thought it said.