Arpy

SAE and Unfathomable Incompetence

I'm thinking of purchasing the Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Ron Jones Project from FSM through SAE. Well I encountered several problems. 

Firstly, it won't allow me to enter my state here in Australia, even though it allows shipping to my country which is a big problem. Secondly is the disclaimer asking for an aditional $45 for insurance which the disclaimer recommends "due to a number of packages missing in your country we recommend paying us an additional fifty dollars to make sure it doesn't happen..." What the fuck? Is it because your outdated site won't allow me to enter my state which is a crucial piece of information for shipping notices that parcels go missing? 

I don't know what to do. I don't want to pay an additional $45 dollars because of their incompetence, but it's the only site I know offering the set.

What do you guys recommend? Should I email SAE and ask them to add my state? Is the set available anywhere else?

I've made many orders through SAE, and none have been lost in the mail. I live in NSW, and although of course I couldn't enter the state, the postcode is a clear indicator for the postal service, since ours begins with the number 2.

I used to fall for that extra $45, but it's a racket. I stopped checking that one ages ago and still never lost a parcel.

Just ignore the insured tracked shipping bit, I've ordered many Twilight Time Blu-rays from them (I'm in the UK) with standard shipping and none have ever gone missing.

Not sure about the state bit however.

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Why does SAE get blamed because packages get stolen by postal workers in 'Stralia?

They don't. SAE just won't replace your any CDs in an order if it goes missing and you haven't paid the 45 $ for registered mail.

But I haven't paid for the registered mail option to this day and not a single parcel has gone missing from my orders to SAE.

Surprisingly my big SAE order with the major LLL titles all arrived within a week of shipping on 29th Dec- (It took a while for them to get CE3K in stock). Of course I ordered using the expensive Express Mail. Previously it was taking 2 weeks to reach  vai Express Mail but I was pleasantly surprised that it took the time this time around. And of course It wouldn't have made any sense to order anything less than 2 titles so I had a full 6 titles to go with my order including the rare and now OOP RUSSIA HOUSE from Quartet.