The Patriot: William's best in last 5 years?

The Patriot is awesome....FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!  

Stefancos- the insult comic Trekkie.

Heyyyyyyyyy, you stole that bit!!!!

Neil - defending intellectual property

The Patriot is awesome....FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!  

Stefancos- the insult comic Trekkie.

Heyyyyyyyyy, you stole that bit!!!!

Neil - defending intellectual property

I pretty sure its not intellectual, and once it leaves the body it may not be property, depends on the pooper scooper laws in the town you live in. :mrgreen:

I like The Patriot, but I don't think it's his best in the last five years. Hmmm, what is? Hmmmm, perhaps the answer is to the left! :thumbup:

~Harry

WOW. Did someone just say that "Saving Private Ryan" is a bad score? How can any true Williams fan say that? That's one of Williams's most unique and emotional scores. As for his best score in the last five years, I don't think it's "The Patriot," though that is definitely a great score. "Angela's Ashes" may be it.

Now, concerning the last five years, does anyone really wish that Williams would write another romantic theme like Superman, E.T., or Star Wars? Whatever happened to that?!

- Jacob Snyder

does anyone really wish that Williams would write another romantic theme like Superman, E.T., or Star Wars? Whatever happened to that?!

I'd love to have Williams write another score like those three. Harry Potter came damn close. That's why I love it so much.

Neil

The Patriot is awesome but it's not his best.

Justin - :music:

Here, here, Justin!

Dan - who enthusiastically agrees

:music: "A Second Chance" from The Accidental Tourist

does anyone really wish that Williams would write another romantic theme like Superman, E.T., or Star Wars? Whatever happened to that?!

I'd love to have Williams write another score like those three. Harry Potter came damn close. That's why I love it so much.

Neil

100% agreed with you. Harry Potter rules!!!

~Harry :music:

The Patriot is Incredible. I think his worst is Stepmom, Then Saving Private Ryan.

Oh, Jason, Jason, Jason! Two of his most beautifully restrained and sincere scores.

Dan - who is concerned for Jason's well-being here in this community :twisted:

:music: "The Search for Another" from Bicentennial Man (Horner)

Belive it or not I accutally really like the film to The Patriot. It's very fun! :)

Justin -Who dosen't understand Neil and probably never will.... 8O

You're both wrong. It's just a very very average/mediocre movie :)

And of course your word is law. 8O

Justin - :roll:

Well yes, and having to keep making the law tires me out, see my avatar.

Also I never said that it wasn't average. I just said the film was fun. :)

Justin -Who thinks Morn needs to get out more. 8O

And Justin, it's too average to be much fun

I wouldn't even say its average. It's a boring film. It's also way too predictable and its obviously trying to hard to please its audience, in the way that all Emerich/Devlin films do.

Neil

I guess so Indysolo, but it's great to have a film about the revolutionary war, films about it are very rare!

And, shut up Justin 8O

I thought that the movie was rather boring and predictable. Compared to Braveheart, I had no idea about how Braveheart would end. Even the final scene. But I also am not that familiar with that history.

Spoiler...

They tried to keep you off guard by killing his oldest son, but didn't do much for me. Very contrived.

The music IMHO worked better in Braveheart than in Patriot. Sorry to say that. Possibly wrong forum :o

And, shut up Justin :o

No. :biglaugh:

Justin -Who thinks Morn should be blaming Neil. After all he gave me the inspiration. :)

They tried to keep you off guard by killing his oldest son, but didn't do much for me. Very contrived.

Tell me, why do you need surprises to enjoy a film?

Braveheart's music better than the Patriot?

Traitor!!!

You all should be thrown off the board, there is no place here for people who don't like William's music!

The Ghoest- Using what some people have said of him against people who really betray the board.

Tell me, why do you need surprises to enjoy a film?

Mainly I don't like to be led by the hand through a film. Keep me on edge, and you'll make me happy.

Sorry about the sacrilege in my earlier post. :oops:

Hmmm, films with surprises are usually better, but a lack of surprise doesn't make a film poor.

Hmmm, films with surprises are usually better, but a lack of surprise doesn't make a film poor.

That's not what I said. A film like the Patriot should not lead you around by the hand. That's what I was referring to.

I still liked it for that fact that it was set in the revolution, it had that actor that played Odo :o , it had Williams music, had a good villian and it showed battles in the revolutionary war.

I still liked it for that fact that it was set in the revolution, it had that actor that played Odo :o , it had Williams music, had a good villian and it showed battles in the revolutionary war.

I liked a certain movie, because it was set a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, it has the actor who played Rob Roy, has Williams music and a kick butt villain and extraordinary battles.

I'm just being sarcastic.

Sarcasm is bad luck.

Morn - being sarcastic

PS good thing too, those are very bad reasons unlike mine :o

Oh, Jason, Jason, Jason! Two of his most beautifully restrained and sincere scores.

Dan - who is concerned for Jason's well-being here in this community :twisted:

Well...Okay Stepmom has it's moments. I liked the buggy ride track and I guess I was too hard on Private Ryan. Hymn to the fallen is good but I loved the Omaha Beach scene. How about 'Rosewood'. It's hard to pick out a john Williams Worst.

And then Again a John Williams 'Worst' is STILL better then most other stuff out there. My favorites of the past 5 years are: (Excluding the SW Special Editions)

The Phantom Menace

Attack Of The Clones

A.I.

Harry Potter

The Patriot

Amistad

Seven Years In Tibet

Saving Private Ryan

Angela's Ashes

Rosewood

Stepmom

Morn: we agree

Jason II: I will credit your opinion as being a good one, but I actually think that Williams least inspired work might be Sleepers. Rosewood, despite it being a disappointing film, actually has some masterful musical moments. Excellent composition for guitar, and the harmonica and mouth harp cues actually intrigue me.

Dan - who hates the "buggy cue" from Stepmom and who's two favorite tracks come before and after that one.

:( "Love Theme from Attack Of The Clones"