The Next Matessino/Williams/Spielberg Expansion

crumbs

The Next Matessino Expansion  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which Spielberg/Williams score would you like Matessino to tackle next?

• Sugarland Express
    • Always
    • Schindler's List
    • Amistad
    • Saving Private Ryan
    • Minority Report
    • Catch Me If You Can
    • The Terminal
    • War of the Worlds
    • Munich

This poll is closed to new votes

LLL still haven't released that soundtrack with all proceeds going to charity, have they?

Surely it's Schindler's List and the Shoah Foundation? I imagine Williams or Spielberg would have been uncomfortable expanding that score without the profits going to something charitable, given the subject matter.

I thought it was pretty clear that it was a Blake Neely score and the charity was fire recovery for the fire that destroyed MV's house

They stated that the composer "payed the mastering bill", and that the charity related to the fire as Jay said.

On 1/22/2018 at 3:03 PM, MV said:

To answer your question, yes 100% of this upcoming release will be donated to United Way of Ventura County Thomas Fire Fund. The cd will cost $15. We are just waiting for the studio to wave all of their royalties on this release (the composer has already done so. He is even paying the mastering bill, we will be handling the printing and manufacturing bills out of pocket). 

We hope to have it out in February, just waiting on the red tape.

MV

OCN restored and scanned at 4K, 11 deleted scenes uncovered (! can't believe Spielberg is allowing this!) and a Dolby Atmos track. Can they master Dolby Atmos from only the 5.1 elements or would they have needed to go back to the original source for everything?

If the latter, there's a very good chance they went on an easter egg hunt for the missing session tapes and rebuilt the soundtrack using the score's multi-track masters. So here's hoping something unexpected was found along the way! That score desperately needs the Matessino treatment... and a bit less 'creative' input from Mr. Williams ;)

33 minutes ago, crumbs said:

OCN restored and scanned at 4K, 11 deleted scenes uncovered (! can't believe Spielberg is allowing this!)

Can't wait for the fan videos!

The deleted scenes do not come from the cut that Williams scored, unfortunately.  Could still be cool to see them reintegrated, but won't offer any help in figuring out what footage some of the unused music scored.

42 minutes ago, Jay said:

The deleted scenes do not come from the cut that Williams scored, unfortunately.  Could still be cool to see them reintegrated, but won't offer any help in figuring out what footage some of the unused music scored.

I'm guessing a substantial portion of deleted scenes make up that infamous "third day" which was completely removed from the final cut, and none of which Williams scored (?) 

Potentially one of the few deleted scenes Williams scored will be included, where Pan steals shoes or something right after arriving in Pirate Town. The part included on the LLL release. 

I'm not an expert on the production of Hook so I wouldn't have a clue about unused musical sequences and stuff like that. 

1 hour ago, Falafel said:

So still none of those unused musical sequences? Dang.

Pirate Town is the only song filmed that didn't end up in the final cut as far as I know.  

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

I'm guessing a substantial portion of deleted scenes make up that infamous "third day" which was completely removed from the final cut, and none of which Williams scored (?) 

The cut Williams spotted had the original 3 days in it, as evidenced by not only the leaked sheet music but of course also the Goodnight Neverland cue on the LLL CD as well.

• 2 years later...
On 3/2/2018 at 9:17 AM, ATXHusker said:

I noticed this interesting tidbit from MV in the "ask LLL/MV" thread over at the FSM boards...

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&pageID=62&threadID=118900&archive=0

Hope this points to Schindler's List 25th anniversary release!  Or SPR 20th 

This post was rather sentient :P Well done!

Considering Sony was specifically mentioned in MV's post, let's hope that Hook's 30th Anniversary "got things moving" for a new expansion with Mike.

This is the comment MV made:

image.png

Also, how pleasing to see 4 options from this poll expanded in the 3-ish years since I posted it. :wub:

On 2/13/2021 at 2:05 PM, crumbs said:

This post was rather sentient :P Well done!

Considering Sony was specifically mentioned in MV's post, let's hope that Hook's 30th Anniversary "got things moving" for a new expansion with Mike.

This is the comment MV made:

image.png

Also, how pleasing to see 4 options from this poll expanded in the 3-ish years since I posted it. :wub:

Hoping too - missing Hook from my collection and wanting to avoid a £100 purchase!

18 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

The OST is quite affordable!

Ha - that made me smile given your famed history of typing that magical acronym on this forum! 

• 1 year later...
23 hours ago, Edmilson said:

They're not Spielberg movies, but yeah, both of them rank very high on my wishlist.

Oh I forgot ….but Spielberg produced GEISHA. so maybe it’s eligible in this list?

8 minutes ago, Amer said:

Oh I forgot ….but Spielberg produced GEISHA. so maybe it’s eligible in this list?

Its after the fateful date in 2005, so probably not for a while.