THE LAST JEDI - OST Album Track List Revealed (Temporary Thread)

mrbellamy

Hmmm I know it’s hapoened in the past but I wonder what the odds are that a target puts it out early. I pass 3 or 4 on my way home from work. 

Although Amazon charged me for something today and I have TLJ on pre-order.

2 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

I do think it seems a little unlike Williams for "Revisiting Snoke" and "The Supremacy" to be back-to-back 3.5-4 minute cues of villainous underscore. Unless those scenes are really different, like if the former is dramatic and the latter is an action cue or something.

The Supremacy will be the concert suite track. Why can't people accept that?

1 hour ago, lemoncurd said:

lol, way to go... all that ado with spoiler warnings, hidden text and numerous threads and now you can see the first track titles right on the homepage? Hmmm....

I purposely wrote the post so the main page wouldn't show more than it did. And those two titles weren't spoilery at all, of course.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Yea, 7 words from the first 3 track titles really spoil the plot...

Anyways, I fixed it - I hope you don't mind, Ricard!

Well done. I hadn't used the 'read more' option in a long time since it wasn't necessary with the current layout, but it's a good idea in this particular case.

5 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Why shouldn't they be?

Because they are hopefully grown up?

Somebody should do a dissertation on "John Williams Track Titles in the 21st Century, and how they relate to the spreading of concert suites on his soundtracks".

That should settle the worrisome question whether or not John Williams uses place names for track titles and/or concert suites, and whether or not John Williams humour allows for slightly witty track titles.

I hope, though, that these important issues are settled before Williams' death, so he can look back on this major part of his opus, and see how special track titles like "Luthor's Luau" really are.

4 hours ago, mstrox said:

Peace and Purpose!

Canto Bight!

Chrome Dome is in quotes.  Must be a Finn quip.

Directed at Phasma I’d guess 

3 hours ago, artguy360 said:

Looking at the track titles, I can't figure which are likely to be new themes or concert arrangements. This concerns me...

What was the last JW score WITHOUT any concert arrangements on the album? I think he pretty much always does it and has always done it. Specially in Star Wars.

I like the track title "Peace and Purpose" (certainly better than Peace and Prosper LOL!) Really simple but still feels profound. I assume it's a line of dialogue from Rey or Luke. 

In keeping with the "let's debate to kill time until the score release" vibe going on, I will say this, if The Supremacy is actually a concert track, then it will be a very odd name/choice for a SW theme.  Not even the MF got a theme of its own.  I get it could be the symbol of power for the FO, but then why not call it the FO theme/march/whatever.  

"Revisiting Snoke" certainly sounds like a concert title, and a playful one at that (as in offering the composer the opportunity to do another take on a character he already provided some music for). 

Well, it's unusually light for a Star Wars concert title. It's more in the vein of "Jazz Autographs", or "A Whirl Through Academe". Then again, TFA had "Scherzo for X-Wings"... 

1 hour ago, Marcus said:

"Revisiting Snoke" certainly sounds like a concert title, and a playful one at that (as in offering the composer the opportunity to do another take on a character he already provided some music for). 

In ROTS there is a cue called Revisiting Padme.

Snoke is Padme/a love interest confirmed!

10 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

The Supremacy will be the concert suite track. Why can't people accept that?

The Supremacy is the name of Snoke's personal star destroyer, so more-than-likely it'll either accompany a scene with Snoke on his ship, or maybe Finn, Rose, and DJ, if that's the ship they end up infiltrating.

EDIT: just realized Tom already posted that. :P

10 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

What was the last JW score WITHOUT any concert arrangements on the album? I think he pretty much always does it and has always done it. Specially in Star Wars.

Revenge of the Sith. The Battle of the Heroes is edited-down from material used in the underscore, not a dedicated Suite.

In that sense, just about every track on the OST is a concert arrangement in the sense that it is edited down to present a more "concert-like" listening experience.

I do think that the longer, more leisurely period of recording, would allow Williams to produce as many suites as he desires.

Just now, Chen G. said:

In that sense, just about every track on the OST is a concert arrangement in the sense that it is edited down to present a more "concert-like" listening experience.

Nope, Battle of the Heroes is a concert arrangement because JW intented it as such. It doesn't matter whether the recorded material was edited to obtain the track as it is.

https://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/sheet-music/products/7518744--john-williams-battle-of-the-heroes-from-star-wars-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-sith

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Nope, Battle of the Heroes is a concert arrangement because JW intented it as such. It doesn't matter whether the recorded material was edited to obtain the track as it is.

Technically it was originally intended for the DVD that came with the album.

26 minutes ago, Jim Ware said:

Technically it was originally intended for the DVD that came with the album.

I'm quite certain JW would have written Battle of the Heroes even without the DVD, as it's the only concert arrangement from that movie.

10 hours ago, Marcus said:

Or maybe they are going back to visit him again, in the film, for a spot of tea perhaps?