THE LAST JEDI - OST Album MUSIC Discussion (No Movie Spoilers)

Jay

9 minutes ago, A Ghost From Highwood said:

One of the main ideas of The Last Jedi is to desecrate, burn and eventually kill the past.

For one of the characters, not the movie as a whole. At the end of the film, the past is embraced amd integrated with the present and the future as a beacon of inspiration and direction.

11 minutes ago, A Ghost From Highwood said:

I wouldn't be in a position where my work only creates more violence. 

What a beautiful idea, I--wait, isn't this explored in a deleted scene in the movie?

8 hours ago, A Ghost From Highwood said:

As a believer of humanity, I fundamentally reject every single note coming from The Last Jedi. As a fan of John Williams, I must also reject The Force Awakens and The Rise of SkywalkerThese films and their music have failed to convince me that the exact combinations of audio-visual stimuli that I paid for are fundamentally pro human.

I'm glad we're cool with Solo though, bro. That shit is fire. 

10 minutes ago, A Ghost From Highwood said:

But can you really separate his music from the films? Can you really take away parts of a film and say, "I like this because this makes me happy," while the other parts are doing the opposite for you?

Of course. I don't think I have seen or liked most of the films the scores I own in my collection were written for

13 minutes ago, A Ghost From Highwood said:

(Should i move this to the disenchantment thread? Or should I just stop selling my deathsticks and rethink my life:) ) 

It's definitely beyond the scope of this thread.

How does such a lame movie like TLJ provoke such impassioned responses from people? I mean I didn't get much from the movie other than the subtext of Luke's erectile dysfunction, but ultimately I have no idea where that led either. I suppose by dying, he got his mojo back? I mean as a ghost he managed to rise his X-Wing to the occasion for a beautiful woman.

6 hours ago, A Ghost From Highwood said:

Yes! I'm done. I'll move on!

Oh, will you? This post up there says more about you than about Disney, although there are worrying tendencies on both sides.

People need to learn the lesson taught by Jerry Goldsmith fans: don't worry about the shitty movie, only about the wonderful score it was written for!

I haven't seen even half of the Goldsmith scored films, and most of them are utter crap, but the music remains good anyway. King Solomon's Mines is a great example.

In any case, it's not that Disney-era SW has only produced crap. I know that abomination that came out in theaters last December has ended the main saga on a sour note, but outside movie theaters you have stuff like Jedi: Fallen Order, The Mandalorian, Galaxy's Edge, Rebels, Clone Wars...

11 hours ago, A Ghost From Highwood said:

Yes! I'm done. I'll move on! 

Two hours later...

9 hours ago, A Ghost From Highwood said:

I've thrown away my first copy of The Last Jedi. It's a scratched disc and it can't be played so it's trash already. 

:blink::blink::blink: