THE LAST JEDI - For Your Consideration (FYC) Album

Jay

I wonder if Disney expected the score to be ineligible (due to the fickle Academy rules around reused music) and thus didn't bother preparing an FYC? And now they've been caught with their pants down, so they're madly scrambling to assemble an FYC release??

I found this interesting post on Goldderby about its eligibility. Whether it's just random speculation or genuine insider gossip isn't clear:

The Last Jedi wasn’t eligible but they gave Williams a dispensation because he’s John Williams. They should have made him eligible for his only good composition from this year; Dear Basketball. Anyway the music branch is flawed, like at the Emmys, they’ll give it to the least special nominee, so probably A Dog’s Purpose.

http://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/best-original-score-2018/

9 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I wonder if Disney expected the score to be ineligible (due to the fickle Academy rules around reused music) and thus didn't bother preparing an FYC? And now they've been caught with their pants down, so they're madly scrambling to assemble an FYC release??

Resued music wasn't an issue with the TFA FYC and unless I'm mistaken the rule was around then too. Maybe the rule is different if the music is writen by the composer and not referenced from somebody else?

Mother always told me. "Just let people stew in their own juices. If you let their mood affect yours, then you're at fault. Your day is valuable, go enjoy it."

or in other words

What would Meryl Streep do?

5 hours ago, crumbs said:

I found this interesting post on Goldderby about its eligibility. Whether it's just random speculation or genuine insider gossip isn't clear:

http://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/best-original-score-2018/

On Disney's release page, it lists Williams for Best Original Score. It could just be a precautionary measure on Disney's part to hold back an FYC release. Didn't they quickly stop people from ripping the online tracks last time?

7 hours ago, crumbs said:

Dunno, but I'm about one post away from adding him to my ignore list. :lol:

Please do. One less triggered fanboy whose replies I have to read.

It's sad that some people here are so entangled in their cult thinking that they actually think Disney would put a FYC promo online because a few geeks on message boards want to illegally download something not intended for their ears in the first place. 

The "Your" in FYC stands for the Academy, not a dozen random JWFans.

4 hours ago, Arpy said:

Didn't they quickly stop people from ripping the online tracks last time?

No. How would they even do that? The moment an mp3 file is on a webserver, people can download it. No tricks needed.

Maybe they’re not going to bother uploading music. They’ve got GOA VOL 2 up for consideration for best score but no music uploaded, other than a song.

Maybe someone realized that people would download it and they aren’t gonna let that happen with Star Wars. 

1 hour ago, El Jefe said:

Maybe they’re not going to bother uploading music. They’ve got GOA VOL 2 up for consideration for best score but no music uploaded, other than a song.

Maybe someone realized that people would download it and they aren’t gonna let that happen with Star Wars. 

I still think Disney aren't finished with their TLJ FYC site for the reasons I mention below:

On 12/22/2017 at 3:38 PM, Damien F said:

I still think the website will be eventually updated. TLJ only has three options in its menu (Consider, Screenings, Synopsis) but the other major movies have at least 7 (excluding Lou which is just a short). It doesn't make sense for TLJ not to have pages for score, press, screenplay and photos when all the other movies too.

I'll start to worry with TLJ's menu is updated with other pages but score still isn't there, 

Loading the first cues of the OST and this FYC into Audacity, the Main title is missing, as expected. Therefore the "Escape" FYC is significantly longer. 

I would bet “Rey’s Journey” is her journey to the Supremacy, one of the best missing cues in the score. Maybe “Connection” is the lightsaber cue we all want? Or more likely it’s when Kylo and Rey connect which we already have. 

Nice work gents, funny how there's no page up for it yet.

http://disneystudiosawards.s3.amazonaws.com/thelastjedi_original_score.zip

01 Escape (7:41)
02 Ahch-To Island (2:31)
03 The Supremacy (2:00)
04 Admiral Holdo (1:02)
05 Fun With Finn And Rose (3:03)
06 Connection (1:58)
07 Lesson One (1:59)
08 Canto Bight (2:15)
09 The Master Codebreaker (1:07)
10 The Fathiers (2:20)
11 The Cave (2:02)