THE LAST JEDI - For Your Consideration (FYC) Album

Jay

That's easy to check. The MP3s we have from Disney's website are 192k MP3s files which have a cut frequency at 16 kHz:

image.png

After ripping the CD, we just have to check if the ripped tracks have all the frequencies (between 0 Hz and 22.1 kHz) in Audacity for example. It was the case for TFA FYC where the tracks burnt on the CD were all lossless, so I believe it'll be the same for TLJ.

4 hours ago, crumbs said:

Why would you even care? You've spent the last 2.5 months shitcanning everything about the score, constantly reminding everyone how much you hate it, derailing any meaningful discussion about it, and insulting anyone who makes positive comments about it.

I'm not a big fan of the score either.

I still would be interested in hearing more of it at least once.

6 hours ago, crumbs said:

Why would you even care? You've spent the last 2.5 months shitcanning everything about the score, constantly reminding everyone how much you hate it, derailing any meaningful discussion about it, and insulting anyone who makes positive comments about it.

Your triggered reply with your avatar beside it gave me the first big laugh of the day, thank you ^^

I'm asking because the reaction to the physical copy makes it seem it contains something the digital version did not, which could be worth a listen. But alas, no.

So, keep shitcanning my earnest thoughts, dear.

2 hours ago, gkgyver said:

I'm asking because the reaction to the physical copy makes it seem it contains something the digital version did not, which could be worth a listen.

The physical copy is most likely lossless whereas the files we got from Disney were lossy 192k mp3s

On 28/02/2018 at 4:22 AM, Chewy said:

The physical copy is most likely lossless whereas the files we got from Disney were lossy 192k mp3s

People these days are deaf and only listen on cheap laptop speakers, so they don't care.

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

Have I ever told you I loved you, Ocelot?

Daily! Get out of the closet already, lol

On 27.2.2018 at 10:04 AM, crumbs said:

May I answer that question: yes.

13 hours ago, ocelot said:

OK then I have it.

Oh, god, I'm becoming one of THEM...

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Well, Rey's Journey is quite fantastic in lossless and with that stretched audio distortion meticulously cleaned up. :)

Oh. You fixed it too?

Now @Jay can finally finish comparing Escape and the Battle of Crait :P 

3 hours ago, crumbs said:

that stretched audio distortion meticulously cleaned up. :)

Sounds intriguing...