What's your favorite non-franchise Williams score?

Jost1

Mine is definitely Tintin. I mean, it's mostly because I read Tintin all the time growing up and listened to John Williams all the time growing up, so the combination is one I would never have imagined! But it is an amazing score, especially the swashbuckling pirate stuff and the breathtaking Flight of the Falcon! And the quirky Adventures of Tintin opening number. Who would think to have a jazzy number with harpsichord?? So Tintin would be my top pick.

E.T for sure. 

I will argue though, that the first Jaws is really the only Jaws (the others, meh). So otherwise Jaws, but they had to make more (that shark was totally blown up, he did not survive).

5 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I will argue though, that the first Jaws is really the only Jaws (the others, meh).

The score for Jaws 2 is fantastic and a worthy follow-up to the first.  The movie sucks, but who cares?

Other than ET it would be impossible for me to pick one.

Either Close Encounters or AI I guess.  But then Empire of the Sun, Lincoln, Memoirs, War Horse, Minority Report, The Reivers, The Fury, all of them are right there too.  I don't like picking.

1 minute ago, Steve McQueen said:

Have you heard the Symphonic suite Williams crafted from Hook themes?  High class stuff, all the way.

I can't believe I forgot to put Hook in my above post!  I guess because Peter Pan is such a "cross-media" character/story across decades and decades, it didn't spring to mind when thinking "non-franchise" but yeah it counts.