Is The Last Jedi the new holy grail of expanded Williams scores?

King Mark

Is The Last Jedi the new holy grail of expanded Williams scores?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Is The Last Jedi the new holy grail of expanded Williams scores?

well, there's a higher quantity of cool unreleased music than any other scores that haven't leaked yet.

75 minutes + unrleased music is also probably the highest amount of any Williams scores

TLJ will only be a grail if we don't get an FYC promo to flesh out the album. Even if we don't, things like Harry Potter and even older scores like The Eiger Sanction will be more important to me, for a couple years at least.

I'd even place Temple of Doom and Last Crusade above it. It still has to sit with me for a few years, I'll have to watch the movie quite a few times until I'll really want a proper expansion. An FYC with new material would be nice, though.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's the holy grail of expanded Williams scores.

Meaning that there's a lot left out or the opposite? Sorry for my stupidness lol

Meaning that its the most-wanted score expansion for many fans of his music (because there's a lot of unreleased music, and said unreleased music is very good)

If I hated The Last Jedi and was on a Williams messageboard, I'd probably just fuck off for a while.  I'd likely be unable to add anything anybody cared to read.

Luckily, I loved The Last Jedi.  I work at a theatre, and every time I walk by an auditorium that's playing it and hear the music blasting out, it peps me up.

6 hours ago, king mark said:

thanks, your making it pretty clear you hate everything I post .You always seem to reply to my posts in this manner and it's getting really annoying

If you hate The Last Jedi or don't think it's any good that's fine, but you don't have to go out of your way to put me down all the time

And if there's some kind of "KM is the most annoying poster" club out there, please let me know

I usually try to ignore this kind of stuff but I can see why some members stop posting for a while

❤️

On 12/22/2017 at 8:32 AM, king mark said:

thanks, your making it pretty clear you hate everything I post .You always seem to reply to my posts in this manner and it's getting really annoying

If you hate The Last Jedi or don't think it's any good that's fine, but you don't have to go out of your way to put me down all the time

And if there's some kind of "KM is the most annoying poster" club out there, please let me know

I usually try to ignore this kind of stuff but I can see why some members stop posting for a while

Thanks for saying this KM. I come here less and less these days because the atmosphere can be downright toxic sometimes. It's usually the same few posters who seem to enjoy putting others down out of what seems like sheer boredom. I used to come online to escape the anxieties of life but now it's become the source of them. I find it easier to just leave.

There's already a few places in the film that I want the score for (one being Rey in the pod going to Kylo), but that's always the case with so many of the movies he scores. I hope they are on the FYC, if there is one. Incidentally, has anyone put together a much longer well edited TFA or is that bad to ask about?! Agreed on HP 3, one of my favorite scores. Same with TinTin, TFA and yup, probably this one in the mix. I love his adventure scoring, especially his action sequences. I didn't vote because I think anything not there in most of his scores is worth having, so it sort of makes it neutral in a way.

On 12/23/2017 at 6:05 AM, king mark said:

I don't mind that he posts he doesn't t like Last Jedi, but his reply felt like a personal attack ..That's why I replied

Ignoring, honestly, I have now found to be the best policy, but I can understand the annoyance when your sitting there and there's a buzzing gnat that won't get away from your ears, at some point you want to smack it....

• 3 weeks later...

Well, once we have a sample of the deleted sequences that Johnson mentions as fully scored, I might be more excited.  At the moment, I am happy with what we have--it seems representative of the best music.