New Jerry Goldsmith Projects in 2018?

Brundlefly

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Well, they're not completely identical. :D

This joke has already been made in the "New Jerry Goldsmith projects in 2017?"-thread... and upset Stefancos.

1 minute ago, Brundlefly said:

This joke has already been made in the "New Jerry Goldsmith projects in 2017?"-thread... and upset Stefancos.

Each new year deserves a new incarnation of the joke!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the series of remastered expansion continues and meanwhile I don't dare buying any OOP titles anymore, because they get re-released anyway.

The question is just, how long will I have to wait for The Blue Max, Coma, 3x Tora!, Innerspace, The Swarm...

Honestly, some labels should stop limiting their releases, especially when it's a popular score. The Blue Max is now OOP for like the 5th time maybe...

37 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Silly comment, because that's exactly the business model that allows them to do these releases.

But a few score have proven to be good sellers for decades like Alien which is luckily not limited. The Blue Max was always released just as a limited edition and as a result it has already had thousands of complete score releases that are now all OOP. The "while interest remains"-availability by Intrada is a great concept.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kaseykockroach said:

39 minutes of Link is enough considering the miserably catchy main theme appears in every single track!

Well the vibe was suppose to be stupid sounding and I somewhat like it and would buy another copy if it gets released. 

2 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

I don't buy anything which has less than 10 new seconds.

Haha...so you did buy LLL’s new Magic, then, since it added a track that was a whole 23 seconds! ;)

Yavar

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure how to interpret that, but at the FSM forum, I (another specified it) asked MV for a reissue of Innerspace, to which he replied with a simple smiley: :). Could that be an indication of a reissue being in the making?

I remember when the initial LLL expansion came out, there was discussion that it was not complete, nor chronological.  So maybe they are finally doing a C&C release with the original OST album (which was a 46 minutes score & songs combo album) included too or something

15 hours ago, Jay said:

I remember when the initial LLL expansion came out, there was discussion that it was not complete, nor chronological.  So maybe they are finally doing a C&C release with the original OST album (which was a 46 minutes score & songs combo album) included too or something

Nice to know. In this case I will not even dare to think of buying the insanely pricy current version.

21 hours ago, Jay said:

That would be nice, but I hope that they include the songs, as I like them, especially HYPNOTIZE.

INNERSPACE still has the funniest, most bizarre line, I've heard in a film.

6 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

@Jay, do you have a link to the discussion about Innerspace you mentioned? Or do you know what exactly is the matter with the current version?

I could be remembering wrong. And I never said anything was wrong with it, just that I thought I remembered it not being C&C. This page confirms it's at least chronological

http://chrono-score.blogspot.com/2012/05/innerspace.html?m=1

I have no idea if the boot had alternates or not.

3 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Two holy grails within a month is not bad! I updated the main post.

So far, the only release that nobody expected was the remastered Baby. Hopefully, the predictions keep turning out to be true.

That's because we'd figured the previous complete issue was definitive, judging by Intrada's original press blurb. But particularly since it had some issues, I'm glad it was reissued and fixed!

It would be cool to get an older score of his next. I know Intrada has at least one more coming up, and it'd be really cool if they could finally get The Reincarnation of Peter Proud out there, since they've supposedly been gathering materials for it for so many years. Of course I'd be even more excited for The Lonely Guy, I think (my favorite Jerry score of 1984, and the only Goldsmith soundtrack on LP but not CD yet).

We should definitely get at least one more Varese batch before the year is out, and i'm most hoping for definitive complete versions of Medicine Man, The Other, Mom and Dad Save the World, or one of the Flint scores. Of course, since this is the 50th Anniversary, a complete release of Planet of the Apes, remastered so the entire score sounds as good as the truncated Intrada album...well, that would be a must-have. :)

Yavar

So would I, Jay, so would I. I can only assume that the master tapes are somewhere (is it too much to hope that the multi track tapes still exist?)?

So...the "truncated" Intrada sounds better than the expanded Varèse, does it? That's interesting. I've not heard the Intrada, for a very long time, but I remember going white as a sheet, when, in early 1993, I saw the price of the Intrada, in HMV, in London: £25! (I'd just forked-out £40 for THE ANTHOLOGY). "25 f***ing quid, for five minutes' more f***ing music?!" Of course that five minutes is THE HUNT... I bought it, there and then, and curiously, lost a considerable amount of weight, that week...

I'll have to do an A/B, between the Varèse, and the iso Blu.