Golden Globes live comments thread

King Mark

I only watch this and the Oscars.

hopefully Williams wins for The Post

maybe this should be in General Discussion but JW is nominated

yeah, I had  forgotten about it

Every one dressed in black and somber mood  in support of Metoo. This is gonna be a fun night

12 minutes ago, crumbs said:

What's this say?

It is the list with composers and soundtracks nominated.

The text below is not very valid for attention.

Edit: The text says that John Williams and Hans Zimmer are strong opponents for Greenwood.

Edit. 2: I left the image alone to avoid misunderstandings.

Holdo wins

4 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Haven't heard Shape of Water, is it good?

it has some nice tracks. I got a bit bored the second time I listened to it though

It's a bit Benjamin Button style

7 hours ago, Denise Bryson said:

I was hoping Dunkirk would win. It's fabulous music.

The music, like the film, was chaotic and insulting to the viewer. My friend was extremely vocal about how annoying and pretentious it was throughout. Both he and I are fans of Zimmer but this was a giant turd by Nolan and likely his direction towards the music as well. Just a horrible, horrible film with only a few things worth praising and the rest a giant slap in the face to anyone who's not a Nolan teet-suckling fanboy. It's pretty insulting to the thousands of British soldiers who saved 30,000+ stranded English AND French troops as well, rather than just Mark Rilance and a couple pleasure craft and commercial boaters. 

14 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It sure will be funny if he does win, when loosing so many times with more likely winner candidates.

Lose, not loose :)

9 hours ago, Denise Bryson said:

I was hoping Dunkirk would win. It's fabulous music.

It should have won, or the Greenwood.  AD is good but not the best of the year.  

2 hours ago, FC4L said:

The music, like the film, was chaotic and insulting to the viewer. My friend was extremely vocal about how annoying and pretentious it was throughout. Both he and I are fans of Zimmer but this was a giant turd by Nolan and likely his direction towards the music as well. Just a horrible, horrible film with only a few things worth praising and the rest a giant slap in the face to anyone who's not a Nolan teet-suckling fanboy. It's pretty insulting to the thousands of British soldiers who saved 30,000+ stranded English AND French troops as well, rather than just Mark Rilance and a couple pleasure craft and commercial boaters. 

IGNORED

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Wouldn't have changed much. Its just not a film that lingers much in people's minds.

The downside of Nolan's detached style maybe?

Combine that with a brisk running time, a largely unknown ensemble cast, and an event that doesn't mean much to most Americans, and I guess you don't have something with staying power.