Golden Globes live comments thread

King Mark

15 hours ago, Taikomochi said:

Thank Christ they didn't give it to Zimmer.

Yeah, glad the son of god was willing to intervene and prevent the mass tragedies that would have resulted from a Zimmer win.  Phew. 

The Golden Globes was insufferable to watch, every woman was a victim, ever speech was filled with self aggrandizing  platitudes. We get it, women were victimized in Hollywood. But the woman who suddenly come forward 30 years later arn't heros, they were part of the problem.

1 hour ago, someonefun124 said:

The Golden Globes last night was simply damage control for Hollywood.  They (or most of them) don't really care about abused and sexually harassed women since it's likely the A-listers already knew about Weinstein, particularly the veterans in the industry.  Didn't Ashley Judd go public about Weinstein years ago but was ignored?  Look at her career now...

Cynical!

Favorite award of the night was del toro winning for director. Now the Three Amigos may all have Oscar wins. 

2 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

Let's hope he's snubbed for the Oscar nomination now. Fingers crossed!

Well I wouldn't bet on it, if I were you. 

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Wouldn't have changed much. Its just not a film that lingers much in people's minds.

The downside of Nolan's detached style maybe?

It's likely going to get him his first directing nomination. I wouldn't describe it as being forgotten at all. By that logic every movie that comes out these days is automatically forgotten a month after release. 

20 minutes ago, p0llux said:

According to the academy, Brokeback Mountain was a better score than Munich and Memoirs of a Geisha in 2006.

They were right that it was better than munich

6 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Doubtful. Both the film and score already seem a bit forgotten.

I really liked it at the time but yeah, I’ve forgotten about it by now and no real desire to see it again (aside front Spitfires). 

Trying to listen to the OST after seeing the film probably killed it for me. 

9 hours ago, Darth Mulder said:

Williams came to the ceremony? He has a picture with Zimmer? :D

I think Williams and Greenwood did not attended. There are no pictures of them circulating on the internet today.

10 hours ago, Bilbo said:

I really liked it at the time but yeah, I’ve forgotten about it by now and no real desire to see it again (aside front Spitfires). 

Trying to listen to the OST after seeing the film probably killed it for me. 

I can't even remember seeing it.

Actually, I didn't see it. :P

4 hours ago, Chen G. said:

Which is to say nothing of 1995.

1995 was a year of tough choices. But they could take one of Newman's nominations and put Horner in place.

Yes! Braveheart! Especially when the film received so many awards and nominations. That was one of the most memorable injustices, for sure. It's like losing to Titanic.

I must say I'm disappointed Desplat won. I don't exactly have a bad word to say about The Shape of Water but I just don't see how it is the strongest score of the year. I haven't even heard all of Phantom Thread yet but it sounds far more interesting so far than Shape of Water. And Dunkirk is hardly my favourite soundtrack to listen to in isolation but it functions perfectly within Nolan's film, it's extremely effective in my opinion. There are others that weren't nominated that deserve the award more than Desplat here but then why am I complaining about an awards ceremony since they pretty much always get it wrong, so why care.