What's your dream title of a book on JW?

Jurassic Shark

2 hours ago, karelm said:

From Trees to Pages - A Memoir by John T. Williams

Volume 1: 1932-1954, Sapling

Volume 2: 1955-1974, Blooming

Volume 3: 1975-1984, Spring

Volume 4: 1985-present, Autumn leaves

That's a clever one. I would only change it to "A Memoir by John "Tree" Williams. ;)

...but really, it looks like Williams already has, in secret, forged an autobiography:

412W6l-NTlL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/PENCILS-John-Williams/dp/1441563415

(Discovered by a friend)

(They obviously isspelled the initial for Towner)

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I maintain the best title can only be "Music by John Williams," 'cause it's coffee table book-pretty and it's about as cleverly subtle as puns get. Subtitle: "Official companion to the Amblin/Apple TV+ documentary."

I read a book in my youth about English grammar and punctuation. It was called Eats, shoots and leaves. This was the “synopsis”:

A panda walks into a café. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and fires two shots in the air.

"Why?" asks the confused waiter, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.

"I'm a panda," he says at the door. "Look it up."

The waiter turns to the relevant entry in the manual and, sure enough, finds an explanation.

"Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots & leaves."

1F197193-71B1-43D3-A7C5-1F9DC51E7172.jpeg

Everything You Ever wanted to Know about John Williams - excluding the things you just think you want to know but actually don't and which is none of your business anyway and except the things that you want to know but would regret knowing and didn't know before you knew and excluding the stuff you wanted to know but don't anymore because you already know it anyway because everybody knows it, but including some stuff you didn't want to know, but you should want to know and you will be glad knowing after reading this book

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

That's the abstract of your thesis on John Williams?

I wish, I would be smart enough to write something like that - and would share the required passion for lists and dates.

But I like precise book titles.