What will the title of SW Ep. IX be?

Jurassic Shark

51 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Well, in hindsight, LOL.

But you had both "Skywalkers" and "The Fate of the Skywalker" in your collection! Not bad!

What is this crap title?

Again I will need the french title to understand.

Skywalker at the singular form I think?

8 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

In French, it's Skywanker.

LOL And in Chinese, it’s Star Wars: WTF.

can’t believe 40 years later, Williams is going to score ‘The Rise Of Skywalker’ again.

I’m expecting Rey to suck in the Death Star while the Force Theme (not Ben Kenobi’s Theme) plays in the background showing just how suddenly Skywalker-y she is.

I mourn for the IX score. Musically it’s very likely to contradict with the Star Wars (77) score again. 

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Fargo said:

I don’t know why, but it irks me that this movie has a ‘The’ in the beginning of the title.  

I was actually thinking recently about how annoying it is that most titles in this series don't use the definite article.

The Empire Strikes Back did, but than Return of the Jedi had to - yet again - mess things up by dropping the article.

Sounds less dramatic and grand that way. In that sense, the sequel trilogy gets it right by my book.

1 hour ago, Fargo said:

I don’t know why, but it irks me that this movie has a ‘The’ in the beginning of the title.  We have:

Revenge of the Sith

Return of the Jedi

This should at least be called “Rise of the Skywalker” if anything. 

Otherwise it’s NOT poetry, and it DOESN'T rhyme. George is furious, I’m sure. 

41 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

I was actually thinking recently about how annoying it is that most titles in this series don't use the definite article.

The Empire Strikes Back did, but than Return of the Jedi had to - yet again - mess things up by dropping the article.

Sounds less dramatic and grand that way. In that sense, the sequel trilogy gets it right by my book.

I think Rise of Skywalker sounds odd and unmoored or untethered.

I think you need at least one definite article in the name to ground it. So while Revenge and Return do not have a definite article before them, the titles themselves contain one for the Object. So either the Subject or Object should have it. In the case of Skywalker - Rise has it because Skywalker is a proper noun and cannot have an article before it.

I am guessing the explanation of the title will be that the new galaxy or the new republic that is founded after the defeat of the First Order will be called Skywalker. So hence the name The Rise of Skywalker because otherwise, the name does not make sense.

I can almost envision a shot of Rey talking to someone overseeing the construction of some huge new thing and that someone asks Rey, but what is it called, and she says Skywalker. Cut to the title - The Rise of Skywalker. But the Star Wars films necessarily have the title at the beginning so it might be a bit odd.

2 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

the new republic that is founded after the defeat of the First Order will be called Skywalker.

I should hope not! That sounds terrible!

2 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

I can almost envision a shot of Rey talking to someone overseeing the construction of some huge new thing and that someone asks Rey, but what is it called, and she says Skywalker. Cut to the title - The Rise of Skywalker. But the Star Wars film necessarily have the title at the front so maybe a bit odd.

Yeah, that sounds about right. But still horrible.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2019 at 12:06 AM, TheUlyssesian said:

I am guessing the explanation of the title will be that the new galaxy or the new republic that is founded after the defeat of the First Order will be called Skywalker. So hence the name The Rise of Skywalker because otherwise, the name does not make sense.

I can almost envision a shot of Rey talking to someone overseeing the construction of some huge new thing and that someone asks Rey, but what is it called, and she says Skywalker. Cut to the title - The Rise of Skywalker. But the Star Wars films necessarily have the title at the beginning so it might be a bit odd.

Nah, it'll be a venereal disease that targets only stormtroopers.