1999 AP Williams/Phantom Menace Article

pete

He's just misremembering or mixing up the themes of the original trilogy when he brings up Leia's. Its not really quoted in the film.

Otherwise, nothing new here.

35 minutes ago, aviazn said:

Some good judgement from the folks at the KT back then!

It was before their crazy stage: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2012/01/325_103329.html

But certainly something Williams could sink his musical teeth into^

On 1/18/2018 at 3:13 PM, pete said:

It's an AP article, so it's probably been seen already by some here

Yep, it was one of the very first Williams interviews mentioned on the first incarnation of this site :)

It's still available online here:

http://amarillo.com/stories/051899/ent_talks.shtml#.WmKAlEtG2Rs

They did record part of her concert suite for an early version of the credits didn't they? Wasn't something found in the video game music? Not used in the movie obviously but perhaps recorded as an option for Lucas.

17 minutes ago, crumbs said:

They did record part of her concert suite for an early version of the credits didn't they? Wasn't something found in the video game music? Not used in the movie obviously but perhaps recorded as an option for Lucas.

You mean Leia's theme?  I had no idea if this is true but I'm very intrigued.  Can't imagine why it would have been used, though.

5 hours ago, Denise Bryson said:

We're headed closer to the 20th anniversary of TPM. Any chance of a cinematic re-release with newly enhanced visual effects, THX and digital sound?

It got a 3D re-release and was remastered for the Bluray. It ain't getting better than that.

That's one of the few changes I wholeheartedly support. Normally I always say practical is better, but that puppet barely looked like it was the same species as Yoda (how did they even take that thing on stage without anyone saying anything?), and it helps the continuity between the PT.