Weirdest holy grail music?

Earth Star Voyager by Lalo Schifrin

The rest of Speed 2 by Mark Mancina (the LLL release is not complete)

The score to the TV show Alcatraz from 2012

Electric piano, flute, bass clarinet and solo soprano.  Mine would be Robert Dennis's music for Milk from Sesame Street.  This is the shit I'm talking about.  If this ever gets released or rerecorded, I will be all over it like a cheap suit from Burton Menswear.

The milk truck driver with the orange brown sweater is surely the most virile specimen ever committed to celluloid.  He must have been beating them off with a stick back in the day, delivering milk and all to needy infants.

4 hours ago, Richard said:

In the late 70s - early 80s, Francis Monkman (Curved Air/Sky/THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY) wrote a lot of music for British TV adverts. All analogue synths, don't you know. I'd love to get that stuff.

Before my time, but I'm addicted to his theme music for the Kick Off Match.  One of the best football TV themes ever!

16 hours ago, Bespin said:

I don't understand this thread... the holy grail we have, or the grail we still look for?

Holy grails we still want because they aren't out yet

The holy grail, Doctor Jones. The music played during the Batman Diet Coke ad.

I've heard this bedtime story before. Alfred calls the corner store and tells them a gentleman in a black car is on his way to pick up more Diet Coke.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Charles Aznavour Live in Tokyo, 1968 (stll unreleased on CD). :P

p_sr221.jpg

Bizarrely enough, a bizarre grail of mine was answered recently with the release of James Horner's Tummy Trouble! I'd have to pay 40 bucks for just a short, but what the hey, bonus Silvestri is nice too (I already have the Broughton scores but they'll probably sound better on the new release). 

Probably not the weirdest but for about 20 years I've wanted a clean version of the "Welcome To Delhi" cue from John Barry's Octopussy. I just love the Indian style bombast. 

The OST is only 36 minutes FFS. 

2 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Gerhardt? I was told Gerhardt didn't do Casablanca?

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Of course he did, in a suite on the CD titled CASABLANCA. :)

I was misinformed.

Down Periscope by Randy Edelman (and Mark McKenzie, I think)

LEGO Star Wars: Freemaker Adventures by Michael Kramer

22 hours ago, Woj said:

Anything from Ron Jones for DuckTales. I know it's an impossibility. But I wants it. 

There are a few promo tracks available out there. I assume you already have those?

Mostly cartoons I saw growing-up, specifically Courage The Cowardly Dog, Hey Arnold (yes, a lot of tracks are available, but I want the entire score), Darkwing Duck, the complete Talespin, complete Thundercats, and a lot of old Hanna Barbera stock music, specifically the stuff in Scooby Doo, though the fact that they had re-record a lot of it for the early animated films in the 2000s, makes me worried that the tapes are lost forever. 

55 minutes ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

There are a few promo tracks available out there. I assume you already have those?

That promo track is good, but I'd like to see a complete release of the score myself. Disney will probably never release it though. Here's a page that goes over at least the first season of Ducktales music.

http://kenisu.webs.com/ducktalesbgm.htm

What about Ghostbusters 2? It wouldn't seem like a weird one because it's GB, but then it hasn't been released at all since 1989. I guess it's just not in demand. Best stick with the urban OST album.

2 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Yeah I really want that too.

It's not a lack of demand - I think LLL tried to do it (I don't remember where that ended up, except, obviously, for it not having come out yet)

The master tapes aren't sufficiently degraded yet.

:P

On 25-1-2018 at 8:13 PM, Fancyarcher said:

That promo track is good, but I'd like to see a complete release of the score myself. Disney will probably never release it though.

Track? This is what I've got:

01 - Intro and Ending Theme

02 - Mystery Lamp

03 - Launchpad McQuack

04 - Light Action Chase

05 - Old Enemies

06 - Soaring

07 - Toy Wars

08 - Air Battle

09 - Suite

But suspiciously, tracks #2 through #8 have nearly the same length as #9.

Indeed, hardly a substantial amount of music. But better than nothing, I suppose...

On 1/25/2018 at 6:24 PM, Pieter_Boelen said:

LEGO Star Wars: Freemaker Adventures by Michael Kramer

There's about 20 minutes of the score available on SoundCloud.

My "holy grail" is Sam and Dan Watts' score to the Doctor Who spinoff The Sarah Jane Adventures. I know there's a load of tracks that were released by the composers during the show's run but they're mostly unavailable now, and I think these scores are very deserving and in need of an official release, especially as the other Doctor Who spinoff Torchwood got official releases.

50 minutes ago, CGCJ said:

There's about 20 minutes of the score available on SoundCloud.

Brilliant! I got that now and my brother is also very, VERY happy with it!! :D

51 minutes ago, CGCJ said:

My "holy grail" is Sam and Dan Watts' score to the Doctor Who spinoff The Sarah Jane Adventures. I know there's a load of tracks that were released by the composers during the show's run but they're mostly unavailable now, and I think these scores are very deserving and in need of an official release, especially as the other Doctor Who spinoff Torchwood got official releases.

Watched that; quite reasonable fun, actually.

Can't remember much of the music though...

7 hours ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

Track? This is what I've got:

01 - Intro and Ending Theme

02 - Mystery Lamp

03 - Launchpad McQuack

04 - Light Action Chase

05 - Old Enemies

06 - Soaring

07 - Toy Wars

08 - Air Battle

09 - Suite

But suspiciously, tracks #2 through #8 have nearly the same length as #9.

Indeed, hardly a substantial amount of music. But better than nothing, I suppose...

Lol, I just meant just the "promo". I didn't mean to add the "track" thing, I simply wrote it because it was on my mind at the time. Stupid me!

I'd really like to see a complete release, but I know that's probably not happening. The promo for Ducktales is good, and what music we have available is great too. Obviously there's much more though. 

Maybe not THAT weird, but impossible and unusual:

The title theme (and all other music) from one of our earliest and best adventure serials, from 1964. I had the pleasure of hearing it live at a film music-centered concert (first part was could-be-filmmusic or was-filmmusic orchestral pieces - 1812 Overture, Mars, Shostakovich Waltz 2... - while the second part had the usual stuff - SW, Indiana Jones, this, and also and LtP performance of Cat Concerto, the Tom and Jerry episode where they play Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody No.2 on the piano), not by the original composer, he sadly died in a plane crash back in '75. Basically everyone in the country over 25 (and those under who have parents with good taste) know this series, and therefore music, but there's just no market for stuff like this here. My best hope is getting the DVD and seeing what I can get from it.

On 24/01/2018 at 4:39 PM, Jay said:

I don't know how that makes them "weird"?

Anyway, one I'm still waiting for is a complete (and easily available) release of all the *original* music written for Carl Sagan's Cosmos. There have been various 1 and 2 CD compilations, mostly of pre-existing music, but apparently nearly all excluded Vangelis' original pieces, like this one: