Hans Zimmer - X:Men: Dark Phoenix

Fancyarcher

7 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

If you are commenting in reference to me then you  need to stop. I have seem more movies and heard more scores than most here, its a bad score. For the record I flip flop decided who is the worst composer between the Zim and Gia. Either way you lose.

No, not just you, but I could take you to task on a thousand other things, starting with your abrasive personality.

2 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

Its not the worst. Its very typical of Zimmer the king of the ONE star score.

Also Joe:

12 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

This is truly one of the worst scores I have heard in years.

I mean, yeah, okay, er.... this is bad. I would like to support Hans when he apparently goes solo and does a score.....but yeah. this is a flunkie junkie score that probably netted Zimmer millions. Wow. Anyone, and I do mean ANYONE, in the scoring business could have done this.

12 hours ago, Arpy said:

No, not just you, but I could take you to task on a thousand other things, starting with your abrasive personality.

Also Joe:

So. I have a lot of years under my belt. I sorry you are ill equipped to handle my abrasive  personality.  Many are. 

For the record Many Years does not come close to a life time of scores.

Go ahead an take me to task! A challenge is always welcome. 

Interesting that last night we had the film the Space Between  Us on netflix. Its score made Zimmers DP score seem like a masterpiece,  so Zimmerz score just came up a bit. 

Andrew Lockington ugh

30 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Interesting that last night we had the film the Space Between  Us on netflix. Its score made Zimmers DP score seem like a masterpiece,  so Zimmerz score just came up a bit. 

Andrew Lockington ugh

Is that the film with Asa Butterfield, Britt Robertson and Gary Oldman? I seem to remember the score was alright.

Yes, much of it is some electronic/instrumental & song filled fusion. Did not work for me or my other half. 

I like Asa Butterfield. 

On 6/7/2019 at 1:32 AM, Arpy said:

Why didn't  Ottman end up scoring this one, or did he go when Singer left?

Singer wasn't in the mix for Dark Phoenix. Kinberg's involvement with the X-Men franchise grew after First Class. He and DP Newton Thomas Sigel would direct scenes for Days of Future Past and Apocalypse when Singer wouldn't come on set. (Singer's tendency to be AWOL on several films mystifies me. Any other director would've been booted and blacklisted for that behavior. Apart from his apparent sex scandals.)

4 hours ago, Dixon Hill said:

Dune will be one of his absolute best.  You heard it here first.

It will feature an absolute groundbreaking approach to scoring these kinds of films, innovative and fresh.

3 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Singer was off having his sexy parties.

Singer's sex parties where he targeted underage men is awful. But the fact that he was AWOL on several movies in a row should have been warning to studio execs that he doesn't have his shit together.

It's sad that it took until Bohemian Rhapsody and The Atlantic expose to show Singer's instability, both publically and personally.

Even though I agree with the previous poster - would love to hear what Hans came up originally - but sadly a lot of this sounds like copying Interstellar (when it's good) and Dunkirk (when it's totally useless). Hans is not a man to innovate from score to score, so if all sounds like previous work?

But hey don't discount Lockington, he's not bad.

6 hours ago, crumbs said:

None of that is proven. Get your head and ass out of the national enquirer bullshit. The internet is not a court nor is it evidence. Its a bunch of hearsay and people stupdily believe everything 

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Joe is a Bryan Singer defender?  Interesting....

Why is tha interesting.  Are you implying something mr. Moderator because if so your are fucking pissing me off. However it is typical of you.

I certainly haven't delved deep into reading detailed articles about the whole history, but it certainly seems that it is much more likely that he is guilty than he is not.  These stories have been circulating for absolutely years, and I've talked to people who have lived in the LA area the entire time and none of the recent developments came as any shock to them

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I certainly haven't delved deep into reading detailed articles about the whole history, but it certainly seems that it is much more likely that he is guilty than he is not.  These stories have been circulating for absolutely years, and I've talked to people who have lived in the LA area the entire time and none of the recent developments came as any shock to them

Still why your comment about me Jason.

Huh?  What does being gay have to do with anything?

I am surprised anyone I consider reasonably intelligent would come to Singer's defense.

53 minutes ago, Jay said:

I am surprised anyone I consider reasonably intelligent would come to Singer's defense.

Because he deserves a fair defense as does anyone. I am surprised anyone I considers reasonably intelligent to think the internet is a proper place to try someone accused of wrongdoing. 

Do you? The stories have been circulating ai believe these are your words. Where do they circulate? But thats okay you believe the gossip and assign the guilt.. 

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

Nice talking with you Joe, I have nothing more to say.  Cheers!

Fuck off Jason. what you said to me how you used my name was inappropriate. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

The Sixth Amendment of the United States Constitution?

19 hours ago, Dixon Hill said:

Dune will be one of his absolute best.  You heard it here first.

Passing on Nolan better be worth it.

Also for next year: Top Gun 2, Spongebob (ffs) and WW84.

Imma guess (best to worst): 

Dune

WW84

Top Gun 2

Spongebob

4 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

Oh no! Isn't the composer for WW returning? I liked his theme. Not the BvS guitar riff but the actual melodic theme in the movie.

Rupert scored that film because of Hans. I’m sure he will work in some capacity on the sequel. 

10 minutes ago, The Original said:

The Sixth Amendment of the United States Constitution?

I guess Jason prefers to believe in the court of public opinion.

He should probably apologize for being a bit homophobic towards Joe though.

Again, you are the one who brought up a gay angle and a homophobic angle.  Literally nobody else did.  Think longer or read harder before posting in the future, I'd recommend.