Hans Zimmer - X:Men: Dark Phoenix

Fancyarcher

If people misinterpret something I post and accuse me of doing things I did not do, I am going to defend myself!

When I do fuck up, I admit it.  Apparently some others cannot.  Oh well.

Bryan Singer settled with a 17 year old minor who claimed Singer had raped him. The settlement amount was $150,000.

From what I understand of civil liberty, a settlement is not necessarily an admission of guilt and defendants can settle for multiple reasons.

6 hours ago, Stefancos said:

I haven't heard a note!

Don't.  It is garbage. Its really bad. He has done better. But this is 1/2 star.

10 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

Bryan Singer settled with a 17 year old minor who claimed Singer had raped him. The settlement amount was $150,000.

From what I understand of civil liberty, a settlement is not necessarily an admission of guilt and defendants can settle for multiple reasons.

What's the age of consent in the US? In Australia, it's 16 years old, so anyone 16 and over technically isn't a minor. Gets confusing when it's different between jurisdictions.

11 minutes ago, The Original said:

What's the age of consent in the US? In Australia, it's 16 years old, so anyone 16 and over technically isn't a minor. Gets confusing when it's different between jurisdictions.

Depends on the state. Where I live it's 16, but in California where I imagine most of these Hollywood sex scandals etc. to occur, the age of consent is 18.

EDIT: Just looked this stuff up, the alleged incident happened in Washington, for which the age of consent is 16. That said, age of consent is hardly the thing to focus on given the allegations in question. 

5 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

Depends on the state. Where I live it's 16, but in California where I imagine most of these Hollywood sex scandals etc. to occur, the age of consent is 18.

How they enforce that with senior high school students doing what they do?

4 minutes ago, The Original said:

Wellll, it's kind of an unspoken caveat that the law applies more to an older person having sex with a minor, moreso than two minors having sex with each other. It _can_ become icy territory.

3 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

Wellll, it's kind of an unspoken caveat that the law applies more to an older person having sex with a minor, moreso than two minors having sex with each other. It _can_ become icy territory.

Wow imagine a case where two 17-year-olds are charged for raping each other at the same time!

Did anyone else find it awkward to see Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult together after the 'fappening' scandal a few years back? Geez, scandals everywhere!

1 hour ago, The Original said:

There’s a Romeo and Juliet clause. Essentially if you’re over 14 and within 3 years of age to your partner you’re both safe from statutory rape charges. 

On 13. Juni 2019 at 4:33 PM, Jay said:

That doesn't count as an apology at all.  You INSISTED I was homophobic first, THEN "apologized" anyway.  it doesn't count!

Just admit you fucked up and move on!

That's not how millennials work.