The Ted Danson Thread.

Naïve Old Fart

2 hours ago, Thor said:

I've liked him since CHEERS. But I like his stint as a ***** now, in the excellent show THE GOOD PLACE.

Wow, massive jerk move. Thank god I'd already reached that part.

2 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

hamill-04-large.jpg

Did Ted Danson save Saving Private Ryan?

No, like I said in another thread. He's distracting in that film. His acting is fine. He's just...out of place? He takes you out of the film for a little bit. It's not a fatal flaw though.

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

No, like I said in another thread. He's distracting in that film. His acting is fine. He's just...out of place? He takes you out of the film for a little bit. It's not a fatal flaw though.

Why? Because he's a familiar face? So is Tom Hanks and many others...

16 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Yeah, I’ve always thought the same. There’s nothing particularly  wrong with his performance, something about it just feels off. I always feel like I’m looking at Ted Danson in that scene and it does take me out of the film for a minute.

As you said though, it’s not a big deal and actually it’s just sort of part of the experience of watching SPR for me now. It’s so odd seeing him I kind of look forward to that scene.

Whats even funnier is seeing Jimmy Fallon in Band of Brothers. But his appearance really works!

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I can't recall he was missing an arm. Maybe it's a new scene for the 20th anniversary edition.

I’m fairly certain it was like that originally. 

Just now, Quintus said:

Spielberg had to edit out Cranston's forearm there as originally he was holding a walkie talkie in his hand, devices which are now considered to be in bad taste to more modern sensibilities, as kids today prefer iPhones. 

He should have replaced it with a rifle. :D

Danson is an absolute treasure. He's delightful in The Good Place and pulled a stunning performance in Fargo.

I never really got into Cheers or Becker and all that gruffness, I much prefer him as a gentle older fellow.

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

I like Dwayne Johnson, he nearly fills the Arnie void for me. Not really anything close to Arnie, but about as close as anyone could get these days.

I liked him in PAIN & GAIN, but that's more because I adore the film, and the comedy/self-referential way Bay did it, including using an actor like The Rock as an "object" for his project goal.

10 hours ago, Docteur Qui said:

... pulled a stunning performance in Fargo.

He was very good in Fargo but why he does TV series like CSI baffles me like there is no tomorrow:

p184657_b_v8_av.jpg

He was also very good in Body Heat:

12-terrific-ted-danson-hairstyle-picture

Just now, Richard said:

At least he died rescuing some little French girl, so you've gotta give him some credit.

Spielberg and his little girls!

article-2287890-186E920B000005DC-846_634

There's also a little girl in red in Munich but strangely enough I can't find a pic of her.