2018 The Oscars Concert - World Premiere of new Last Jedi Suite?

TheUlyssesian

Maybe I was a bit harsh, but it does look a bit weird when he has what can be interpreted as a smug expression while blocking another guy. :D

At least now I know that's Rahman. I thought he was older, but I'm probably confusing him with some other Asian film composer. :)

19 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Maybe I was a bit harsh, but it does look a bit weird when he has what can be interpreted as a smug expression while blocking another guy. :D

At least now I know that's Rahman. I thought he was older, but I'm probably confusing him with some other Asian film composer. :)

Only people who matter in that pic are HZ and JW anyway. Who cares about those other scrubs. 

19 hours ago, Thor said:

That "idiot" is A.R. Rahman, one of my favourite composers. But yeah, I get what you mean. :)

Rahman's done like 3 scores...

Are you one of those people who just loves everyone? :P

He's had maybe 3 major Hollywood scores available to the public, but has scored and written songs for hundreds of films across Asia. He's far more prolific than most of the folks in that photo.

And the guy is as humble as a lamb. I'm sure he's just super excited to be there.

1 hour ago, KK said:

He's had maybe 3 major Hollywood scores available to the public, but has scored and written songs for hundreds of films across Asia. He's far more prolific than most of the folks in that photo.

And the guy is as humble as a lamb. I'm sure he's just super excited to be there.

Indeed. I'm a huge fan of his pre-Hollywood scores -- both Bollywood and non-Bollywood Indian films. Especially everything he did with Mani Ratnam.

But he's also done some damn fine scores after he became a huge, international name.

9 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

The "Bach of Bangalore"

LOL!

Incidentally, it was Time Magazine that coined the "Mozart of Madras" nomer.