Hey Sony, can you release "Memoirs of a Geisha - Live Sessions" on a CD compilation please?

Bespin

@JTWfan77 We are talking about new recordings that have been released in 2006, Yo-Yo Ma on the cello, John Williams on the piano. Yet, only released digitally by iTunes.

• Sayuri's Theme
  • A Dream Discarded
  • Going to School
  • Interview with John Williams & Yo-Yo Ma.

Do you have to get this? Absolutely! :yes:

I have an in at Universal France, but with this message, I want to talk to the people on this forum who have contacts at Sony... Com'on guys!

9 hours ago, Bespin said:

I have an in at Universal France

On that subject, please could you ask them why the old MCA ST albums (now Geffen) aren't available for download outside North America (for example, Land Before Time, Darkman, Midnight Run, Batteries Not Included, etc.) Sorry to highjack your thread, but I'd love to know.

iTunes is a fucking disgrace! Wouldn't this recording be such a perfect inclusion on a collection of Williams' work?

I had to buy the sessions from iTunes and then convert them to a format that would work on my non-apple products.

9 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

On that subject, please could you ask them why the old MCA ST albums (now Geffen) aren't available for download outside North America (for example, Land Before Time, Darkman, Midnight Run, Batteries Not Included, etc.) Sorry to highjack your thread, but I'd love to know.

I will start by asking them if they plan to reissue the Philips "conductor's" albums of John Williams in a boxset, like Sony just did. ;)

18 hours ago, Bespin said:

@JTWfan77 We are talking about new recordings that have been released in 2006, Yo-Yo Ma on the cello, John Williams on the piano. Yet, only released digitally by iTunes.

• Sayuri's Theme
  • A Dream Discarded
  • Going to School
  • Interview with John Williams & Yo-Yo Ma.

Do you have to get this? Absolutely! :yes:

Let's hope they also release it on vinyl! ;)

A guess, don’t hold your breath for this one. Since it’s an iTunes exclusive, it’ll probably be a long time until it sees a release on another platform/format, physical or not.

For a while it seemed as if Apple would offer downloads in lossless, which would (essentially) render a CD release unnecessary, but those rumbles died out a couple of years ago.

I’d wager we’re stuck with the lossy version for a long time.

Like Miguel pointed out, "Going to school" from this session have already being released on a Yo-Yo Ma Sony compilation in 2007.

1 song out of 3, Sony, you can do better!

p_702668.jpg

Appassionato (2007, Sony Classical, 702668, Compilation)

Music composed by John Williams/Featuring John Williams (p): Going to School.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Bespin said:

I'm bumping this thread.

SONY? SONY? ARE YOU THERE??? :D

Instead of the piano/cello sessions the complete score would be much better, don't you agree?

I was listening to some extracts again these days, and it's indeed a masterpiece!

3 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

Instead of the piano/cello sessions the complete score would be much better, don't you agree?

I was listening to some extracts again these days, and it's indeed a masterpiece!

These re-recordings has nothing to do with the score.